Any TriJets Still In Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any TriJets Still In Service?

I was just wonderig if any major airlines are still operating 727s or DC-10s or MD-11s?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

To name a few...
    DC-10: Northwest, FedEx, US Air Force (KC-10)
    MD-11: Varig, Finnair, World, FedEx, UPS, Alitalia, KLM?

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

MD-11: Martinair Cargo, KLM, Thai, China Cargo Airlines, Finnair, China Eastern, Eva Air Cargo, World Airways, Variq, UPS, Catran, Saudi Arabian Airlines.

DC-10: Fedex, NWA, Biman Bangladesh, Aeroflot, Gemini Air Cargo, Das Air Cargo, Centurion Air Cargo, Dutch, US Airforce(KC10), JAL(?) Pamir Air,

727: Champion air, First air, Iran Aseman Airlines, Planet Airways, FLY, Amerijet, Ariana(?)..

{oh you asked Major airlines} w00ps
      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
      - Metzgermeister

Comment

L1011: Hewa bora Airways, and some middle eastern ones.
        -Kevin

Comment

Gemini Cargo has both DC10s and MD11s .

Comment

727: All Canada Express, Cargojet, Starjet.
            Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

World Airways and Omni Air International still operate PAX DC-10s.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

ATA still does charter flights with the L1011, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                  MD-11: Martinair Cargo, KLM, Thai, China Cargo Airlines, Finnair, China Eastern, Eva Air Cargo, World Airways, Variq, UPS, Catran, Saudi Arabian Airlines.
                  China Eastern stopped operating MD-11s a couple of years ago and have replaced them with A343s and A346s. They have been converted to freighters and are flying with their cargo division.
                  DELTA- Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Comment

Originally posted by bospvdflyr
                    Yes, that's another one I forgot about. Also, Falcon Air Express flies 727-200s.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

basically..yes..

STL gets 727's I think!! and the MD11 from Fed Ex

Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Pan Am (now Clipper Connection operated by Boston-Maine Airways) still operates 727's.
                        www.acairport.com

Comment

Yep, they still have 5 or so in service plus another 10-15 in storage or in various stages of being b/u and used for parts.

In fact ship 194 (still in the old c/s) recently had a great C-check at IND and recently went back to Europe for charter work. I think that their military contract goes for a few more years.

Lots of DC-10 / MD-10 / MD-11 still ply pax and cargo services, worldwide. I listened to JFK ATC a few weeks ago and a 727 was readying for takeoff and another pilot asked about it and the 727 pilot mentioned it was a charter (91 Service) "full of beautiful people."

Comment

Originally posted by TriStar-MiStar
                            Yep, they still have 5 or so in service plus another 10-15 in storage or in various stages of being b/u and used for parts.

In fact ship 194 (still in the old c/s) recently had a great C-check at IND and recently went back to Europe for charter work. I think that their military contract goes for a few more years.

Lots of DC-10 / MD-10 / MD-11 still ply pax and cargo services, worldwide. I listened to JFK ATC a few weeks ago and a 727 was readying for takeoff and another pilot asked about it and the 727 pilot mentioned it was a charter (91 Service) "full of beautiful people."

My guess is that the 727 charter is "Nomads"
                            (cn 22541/1797) Ex Pan Am's N369PA "Clipper Hotspur" Stayed 3 days at GVA, at the end of an around the world visits to well known mountains including Mt McKinley, Mt Fuji, Mt-Qingchen, Mt Everest, Kilimanjaro, Mt Olympus and Mt-Blanc.. N727M. Boeing 727-221(Adv). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I've seen them many times in YQX. All executive interior. They keep it in like new condition. Very nice airplane.

Comment

Re

Are there any trijets still in production?
                              DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
                              X