UA Has Record March Load Factor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Has Record March Load Factor.

CHICAGO, April 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With its flights averaging 83.1% full in March, United Airlines has recorded its highest-ever March load- factor. United's total scheduled revenue passenger miles (RPMs) increased in March 2005 by 2.4% on a capacity decrease of 1.3% available seat miles (ASMs) vs. the same period in 2004.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Good for UA, looks like a good month for them. NW should be posting a LF for March of 84.5% tomorrow i would imagine, Wed is NW big news release day, but otherwise good for UA!

Even though its only 5 days into April NW is running a 90.9% LF for the month

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Good for UA, looks like a good month for them. NW should be posting a LF for March of 84.5% tomorrow i would imagine, Wed is NW big news release day, but otherwise good for UA!

WOW I've never seen anyone with a month over 90%. Good luck to them.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Good news for UA domestic-wise, but I am rather a bit dissappointed by the lack of growth on the international routes, especially the Pacific at -2.7% Lat. Am. and Atlantic at +0.3% are okay, but overshadowed by the loss over the Pacific.

Comment

This is awsome! They must be doing something right to get a lot of pax. I hope them well in the future.
          -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns

Do you need to turn these threads to something about NW?
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
              Do you need to turn these threads to something about NW?
              Why do you need to ask this question when you already know the answer ?

Comment

too bad LF means absolutely nothing when you're not makin money.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  too bad LF means absolutely nothing when you're not makin money.

I was about to say...they are so far down the shitter they could run 100% full and loose money...

Comment

Well good for UA. Hopefully this can help to turn something around in the not too distant future.
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Clovis and Joe brought this up too. LF's mean NOTHING. and I dont wanna see that too. I wanna see how muhc they are making. as clovis said it could 100% and still mean nothing.

all i can say to those is that when airlines post the high LF is..ARE THEY MAKING MONEY? if they are great, then it counts for something, but if they are not..then who the hell cares?

its amazing Southwest can post the lowest LF and STILL make alot of money, just amazing....

Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                        Clovis and Joe brought this up too. LF's mean NOTHING. and I dont wanna see that too. I wanna see how muhc they are making. as clovis said it could 100% and still mean nothing.

all i can say to those is that when airlines post the high LF is..ARE THEY MAKING MONEY? if they are great, then it counts for something, but if they are not..then who the hell cares?

its amazing Southwest can post the lowest LF and STILL make alot of money, just amazing....

Alex
                        Wow...

First off, there is no apostrophe on LF, furthermore, there are so many fragments in there, its not even worth reading. Use English, not shorthand.

Anyway, internationally, although LFs may have dropped for UA, their ASM increased. In the Pacific it was a marked increase of 18 percent, and in Latin American the increase was 18.6 percent (YOY).

Still I agree, LFs are not nearly as important as they are made out to be, although they are still indicators.
                        - Fly United -
                        My photos.

Comment

UnitedFlyer- uhm I only "made" two mistakes. I misspelled MUCH and according to you the LF thing, and "could be 100%" otherwise what else did I do wrong? If you don't like how I said "wanna" well im sorry but you still know what I was trying to say.

Alex
                          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                            UnitedFlyer- uhm I only "made" two mistakes. I misspelled MUCH and according to you the LF thing, and "could be 100%" otherwise what else did I do wrong? If you don't like how I said "wanna" well im sorry but you still know what I was trying to say.

Alex
                            Still, wow, I said fragments. Most of your "sentences" were not independant clauses. They were missing some integral part of of them actually.

"and I dont wanna see that too" Fragment
                            "as clovis said it could 100% and still mean nothing." Fragment

And one thing that really pisses me off is the missuse of apostrophes,
                            Example: LF's mean NOTHING
                            NO APOSTROPHE... its LFs mean nothing! Apostrophes are possesive when it comes to nouns. (it's means it is - its is possesive)

Disclaimer... I apologize for being off topic... however, this just pissed me off.
                            - Fly United -
                            My photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X