Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

787 loses its shark fin + slopping futuristic front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaddyuk
    If you read the article, the boeing VP said that it will still be "Distinct"!
    He's probably using the larger windows to qualify that statement.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

after looking at Cathaypaccific's 7E7 in his singnature(or 787) , it will actually be quite different from both 777 and 767 , look at the wing and engines.... also the body seems shorter, but wider...
      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
        Whats the point? Its going to be a 767 with bigger windows and alot of range. This isnt going to be that amazing. The 747 ADV will be much more of a bigger deal if ever built.
        the point is to make an airplane that is more efficient, not to make a plane that is pleasing to the eye.

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        Yeah I loved how they wanted all the public input from the "World Design Team" and did nothing with it...
        how do you know? Most of the questions I was asked was about the inside of the cabin and things that have nothing to do with how the aircraft looked.

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
          Whats the point? Its going to be a 767 with bigger windows and alot of range. This isnt going to be that amazing. The 747 ADV will be much more of a bigger deal if ever built.
          Just because it might not look so differen't doesn't mean it won't be amazing...
          Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Re:

I hate to say this, but it's dissappointing to see how many people on this forum can say things like it's a 767-500, what a rip-off, etc before the plane's even been built.

Boeing and its customers know better than to design a plane for looks rather than to design it for economics and comfort.

Foxtrot

Comment

Yeah! It won't be so ugly anymore!
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

yes .. thank you boeing ! i hated the look of that 787 ..it looked too sci-fi or futuristic .. yikes .. because it will look more of the today's design, thats more like it ... well done by gettin rid of that hideous design !
                by the way .. flaming me not accepted !
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                  . At least its going to look different, instead of the "A350"
                  agree ..so has anyone viewed some sneak peak photos of this .. but i think anyhow they will rely on the "yesterday"s 767 model with the adv. engines
                  A question ?? may sound stupid, but is it still with 7 abreast ??

but lets just see in a couple of months from now. what the final design will be ..
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Great...so now its just an upgraded version of the 767 it'll replace. Now theres not much special about it. And I was really looking foreward to it too.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Man the people on this forum are DUMB

Its NOT a new 767...its a completely NEW airplane. It just wont look exactly like the first artist renditions.

Comment

Here's an early concept of the 7e7 that boeing did, which I guess now could probably more reflect the final look of the 787:

I'm thinking a mini 777 pretty much vs the 'swoopy' look.

Shame cos the swoppy nose was cool, still guess we'll see, hope they retain something at least.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          Man the people on this forum are DUMB

Its NOT a new 767...its a completely NEW airplane. It just wont look exactly like the first artist renditions.
                          I know its not a 767. I just think its going to resemble a 767 more then the proposed "dreamliner" was supposed to look like.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I say it's a little dumb calling it "ugly" and "too this" or "too that". The boeing designers know what they're doing. They're still smarter than us when it comes to plane engineering, who are we to judge their work in such way? Of course we are still entitled to our own opinion... but it wasn't THAT ugly. What's wrong with futuristic? The concorde looked futuristic and that was just beautiful. It definitely didn't flop because of the look...

I still say getting rid of the shark fin and the futuristic nose is a shame. But I'm still a big boeing supporter- come on. Those windows will bring a whole new look on the words window seat! It definitely is a window seat now

A shark fin has gone. And a nose has been redesigned. I still say Boeing are doing some GREAT work and this IS going to be a unique plane, not another 767...
                            Just my 2 cents :P Don't kill me...

Comment

The plane has to be efficent and save. Looks are not important. And I bet the plane will be very efficent and save, so it will be a hit.

The A350 is just a modernized A330 anyway.

Comment

I read an article in the Australian Aviation magazine a few months ago about the problems Boeing was having with the 787s distinct tail design in that it was basically aerodynamically inefficient. Quite frankly I'm glad this hideous tail is gone, and if it helps boost efficiency then all the better! I don't know what some of you lot are whinging about, this isn't art, functionality should always win over form! And the 787 certainly isn't merely a 767NG.

Comment

Working...
                                X