Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport 1975

Have you been watch the movie?

i saw all the airports but i dont remember which one it was. Was it the one where the 747 crashed in the ocean?
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
      Was it the one where the 747 crashed in the ocean?

"Airport 1975" when a small airplane hits the flight deck of a 747, killing or incapacitating the flight crew and leaving it to Nancy the stewardess to take the controls.

"Airport 1977" where passengers need to be rescued from a 747 submerged in the Bermuda Triangle.

but personally the 77 was better !!
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Airport 75 was pretty realistic for a movie. The cockpit/FMC information was all correct.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Airport 75 starring Charlton Heston and Georges Kennedy, again as Joe Patroni. With footages at SLC. Yes I have seen it years ago. Questioned some AF 747 captains, some replies I got.
          - the 747 is at cruise level when the Beech Baron crashes into her cockpit
          - the Baron would have probably disintegrated by being too high
          - grand prize of imagination for the transfer sequence between CH53 helo and 747
          Personally, I prefer Airport, the first, hands down.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I actually had the airport '75 a while back though I wound up misplacing it during one of my countless moves.

I gotta say, I liked '79 the best of all them.
            Last edited by NWA 757 351; 2005-05-17, 17:34. Reason: Bunch of errors typing...need to stop writing so quick!

Comment

Which was the one where the Concorde crash-landed on that snowy mountain?
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                Which was the one where the Concorde crash-landed on that snowy mountain?
                Yeah, what happend there?
                -Kevin

Comment

I personally liked 1975. It was by far the best. The second in 1977 was like a Towering Inferno of sorts with that type of acting sequence. The third with the Concorde was beyond corny.

Basically, some unfriendly motive to shoot down the Concorde by missle attack due to some cargo or other it carried. When they landed for fuel or something like that, the same passengers reboarded and flew again only to crash in a mountainside. Why would they board the same aircraft and continue the journey after getting marked by missles? Stupid beyond belief.
                  Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

Working...
                  X