Air Canada & U2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada & U2

U2 has chartered an AC Jetz plane for their Vertigo tour. The tail has been painted as well as a small logo on the front. Sort of boring, but nevertheless, still looks good. I love U2's music. Thought it was interesting...

U2 has charterd an Air Canada A320 for their 2005 'Vertigo' Tour - Beautifull![Nikon D100].. C-FPWE. Airbus A320-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Also, see an inlarged pic on:

Thanks,
    Michael

Old knews, new picture.

Comment

I like the tail... kind of.

Anyway, are AC jetz going to be put into the new livery of AC or ar ethey just staying seperate? And if they are going to be put into a new livery, then why not have painted this one's (the U2 one) fuselage while painting the tail?
      - Fly United -
      My photos.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
        Old knews, new picture.
        Thanks. Ya I knew about this a while ago as well, but as you said the pictures are new.
        Thanks,
        Michael

Comment

I actually like this scheme. I also love U2 (still pi$$ed I didn't get tickets to the Vancouver shows ) Although a target on an aircraft's tail is a little weird

Comment

Originally posted by wj_737_200
            I actually like this scheme. I also love U2 (still pi$$ed I didn't get tickets to the Vancouver shows ) Although a target on an aircraft's tail is a little weird

Yeah your kinda asking to get shot at with a Target on the tail, especially if they make a visit to Georgia with the Red necks

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
              Yeah your kinda asking to get shot at with a Target on the tail, especially if they make a visit to Georgia with the Red necks

But not go to CLT or another Hunting Hick will shoot at the plane just like they did with US.

Comment

i think it looosk good !!

although they could have donesomethin better with the tail colours ..

I wouldnt hire that painter !! how amateurish !!

lol/jk
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

My moms going to one of their concerts here. I hope i see the plane at SFO or SJC.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

ok that plane looks like sh!t

why can't they just keep one paint scheme that looks good?

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB

What do you mean? Theres been a U2 c/s before?
                      Thanks,
                      Michael

Comment

what is with you!?

AC Painted this plane for U2's Vertigo tour. Jeeze calm down! All there schemes look(ed) good. Calm down....

I tink it looks odd... Bulls eye target on the tail.
                        -Kevin

Comment

U2 has clearly paid to use the aircraft for an extended period of time, so naturally, the aircraft appears in a colour scheme promoting U2's album.

Cargojet/Starjet also made this incredibly stupid choice of using different paint schemes, like when they put the Liberal logos
                          [photoid=291059]

Comment

da-bob. what's up? Too much Alberta mad cow beef? The customer (U2) asked for that paint job so it was done as per their request.

Comment

That aircraft looks pretty cool! Are they actually using that for their tour? Would they gut the inside and design it how they want??

Comment

Working...
                              X