787 pics, Final model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 pics, Final model...

check out the first post, i really liked the shark tail and the big cockpit windows... now it looks like an TU-204, 777, 767....

i dislike it...
    My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

This situation reminds me of times when friends talk about their girlfriend: one you haven't seen. Your friend claims that she is hot and such, and then, oh and then, he brings her out one time, and she is not what she was talked up to be. Mind you, she might be perfectly fine, but since she was talked up sooo much, you are suprised and a little disappointed.

This is what Boeing did (in my mind)... oh well, as long as they deliver on the technical aspects, it's all good.
    - Fly United -
    My photos.

Comment

lol, thats exactly what i thought... it was just a smart trick to get a lot of airlines interrested in the model...
      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

I like it better.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

They have certainly succeeded in making it boring to look at.

Comment

Noooooooo! Well let me just say that is HUGE disappointment!

It looks like a 767, only with a Tupolev 204 nose. There's nothing unique about it's look now, compared to the sharky version it just looks so conventional now.

It's just a let down, why realese a cool looking version then downgrade the look, why not just release a realistic render, it just gets people's expectations up, but I guess that's the point.

Anyway, good news for airbus I guess.

I mean till now the 787 has been this 'new hotness' on the block and airline execs, though of course not basing their decisions on it, probably got a kick out of it being a cool looking plane. Then airbus came to them with the a350 and they must have thought 'boring', I mean the a350 was this photoshopped a330 picture... but now, well the gap has just shrunk big time. And at least the only way the a350 can go in the looks department is up.

Still, this is disappointing. Still a nice plane, but it's lost lots of appeal.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

It was expected that the plane would look a lot more conventional that the "marketing" images that BA has used previously.

Anyways, the plane looks ok although I must admit that the tail section makes it look very much like a 767. I still love the wings though...
              adaequatio rei et intellectus

Comment

I'm not sure if any of you read the Aviation week article on the 787 or not but this plane is going to significantly change the way things are done in aviation for years to come. Ignore the freakin tail look on the inside and no I'm not talking about your window. Bleed air has been pretty much eliminated. Everything is done with electric motors thus making the engines more efficient. The electric generators on this beast are HUGE. The changes run to the ACMs and the APU. Don't think for a second that because they released a realistic version that the airlines are gonna think well this is boring we'll go to an equally boring aircraft.
                Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

No one's denying it's still a good plane, but it's no longer really a symbol for boeing, it's just another 2-holer.

I mean with the 747 going the way of the dodo unless the adv gets a few sales and airbus having the a380 as their figurehead I think Boeing need something distinct. The sharkfin and nose, love or hate it, did in some way embody that.

Out of interest, have the windows shrunk? It's kinda hard to tell.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look futuristic either. But it still looks a whole lot better than the A380 . And of course, it's all about efficiency. So if a common tail is more fuel efficient than a shark tail, let's have it that way.

Comment

Umm... well... err... I guess... well, it looks fine. It certainly has lost it's wow factor. Now, it truly is a 767 replacement. Even the 787-3 has a different winglet style, much like the 73x family.

Comment

Except for the nose section, we finally get this miniaturized 777 once outlined in Flight and it's probably better for the sake of the development schedule.
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

It looks beautiful guys...... come on.....!

Yes, the APU exhaust looks like one in 767.
                          Yes, the nose looks like Tupolev.
                          Yes, the wing tip looks like in 777.

I don't really care, it is still beautiful aircraft. It is still development phase anyway. All I really hope is there would be a leap in the technology and comfort onboard from what we see on aircraft these days, for the crew and passenger.

Those are animated graphics, so expect some more changes in the future.

Dimas

Comment

This wasn't what I expected... but she's still a beautiful bird I completely agree with Dimas! Well written, mate!
                            This goes for the A380 too- can't wait to see it in action!

Comment

why does only the B787-3 has winglets and the others wingtips?

EGA

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Planepictures.net
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Airliners.net

Comment

Working...
                              X