50 x Airbus a350's to go to Emirates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 x Airbus a350's to go to Emirates?

Rumor over at a.net seems to be 50 a350's are going to go to Emirates, big annoucement at the Paris Airshow.

Articles below:

Luchtvaartnieuws brengt een uitgebreid overzicht van nieuws in de luchtvaartbranche

Could this be the ice breaker for the 350? 50 certainly is a decent number.

4Engines4LongHaul

finally an order. And a very big one, too.
    Andy

Comment

Thing is, say this is Airbuses only A350 order, it wont do any good, because Airbus will have to tell EK sorry, we cant build you a plane, your the only ones that ordered it

Comment

Actually, I would be disappointed with Airbus if they werent able to get this order. Again as I said in the previous thread, the A358 makes for a good A332 replacement and the A359 makes for a good 772/A340 replacement which is what EK plans to do in the next 4 years.

I've said my piece on the timing of the A350 (given the kind of Aircraft its currently defined as). It would be interesting to see the final Aircraft that would be built.
        adaequatio rei et intellectus

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
          Thing is, say this is Airbuses only A350 order, it wont do any good, because Airbus will have to tell EK sorry, we cant build you a plane, your the only ones that ordered it
          It is not the first order I believe. I thought Air Europa was first...or am I wrong?
          greetings,
          Philip

Comment

I heard that Europa put off their order for a later date. I could be mistaken though. Either way, i really hope Emirates orders the A350. Does anyone know if those 50 are rumored to be firm,optioned, or a little of both..

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
              I heard that Europa put off their order for a later date. I could be mistaken though. Either way, i really hope Emirates orders the A350. Does anyone know if those 50 are rumored to be firm,optioned, or a little of both..
              I'm not sure, but it shows on http://www.justplanes.com/ that they currently have an order for 10 aircraft. There are many interesting side-by-side Boeing Vs. Airbus comparisons.
              Thanks,
              Michael

Comment

One thingto note is that EK was never shy to have a mixed fleet, so ordering the A350 does not mean that EK would shun the 787 forever. It may still get 787 down the road if Boeing agrees to produce a further stretched 787 or EK finds that it does need some smaller planes.
                Next:
                None Planned

Comment

If its on a.net it HAS to be true!

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    If its on a.net it HAS to be true!
                    YOu are funny. You remind me of Bob Saget.

UA-F9, 300 posts. Coo
                    THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                    Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                    George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Emirates says no decision yet on Airbus A350

Dubai-based airline Emirates on Sunday denied a British press report that it had decided to make a $6 billion (€4.6 billion) order for 50 Airbus A-350s.

"No decision has been made," said spokesman John Tome.

Apart from the A350 Emirates is also still looking at Boeing's 787 Dreamliner, 777-300ER and 777-200LR "to see if we would need any of them, and if so, how many", he said.

- The baby will be back -

Comment

can we make it a rule that you can no longer list a.net as a "credible" source?

Comment

They should order 150 more 380's never know when Dubai is gonna get popular!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                            Shouldn't 50 plabnes be enough to launch the A350 line? I mean if EK orders it then that yould give other airlines a chance to order it too. Or would 50 planes still proove unprofitable to launch the line? Also, how many orders on average does it take to launch an airplane?

Also, if this were to happen, and EK was the only customer, then they could get Airbus to tailor the planes for its own needs, in the end EK would get a palne that is tailored for them and possibly more airbus orders for them!

But anyway, this is a rumor that has not really panned out! Hope to see some 787s in EKs scheme too!
                            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

do you think that EK is wasting their money and wanting to prove that they will be an airline number 1 of the world by owning newest aircrafts?

Comment

Working...
                              X