X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACARS fun...

A Java applet on this page shows activity in near in the NE United States:

Also, running acarsd.org client is cool as well:
    acarsd - Free ACARS decoder for Linux & Windows - acarsd ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows

Got a msg like this:
    Code:
    Acars Mode: O

Airline: Singapore Airlines

BlockID: 2

FlightID: SQ0321

Flight Plan: London-Heathrow, UK-Singapore, Changi, Singapore

Message Label: H1

Message Number: 200A

Plane Type: B747-412

Source: acarsd.acarsd.org:2202

Message Contents: #T2B/SINKDSQ SINKKSQ.IVGML REQUEST
    PLEASE PROVIDE O1 IVGML FORMS SARAH LYONSSQ 285  IST JUNE 05SIN/AUKSHE IS ALLERGIC TOPEANUTS AND SOFT CHEESE. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THEM IN THE MENUTHANK YOU

Now that's an interesting message.

I've received passenger manifests before but nothing about allergies

Comment

How about this1...

ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: .N167US [Airbus A321-211 US Airways]
      Message label: 5Z Block id: 6 Msg. no: M92A
      Flight id: US0138 [KCLT-KROC]
      -------------------------------------[23/06/2004 11:57]
      [20040623 1157]
      /TXT
      THANKS HARRY/ SO FAR LOOKS LIKE WX IS NORTH OF CLT... LOOK THAT WAY TO YOU...
      E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

I didn't know that anyone can read ACARS messages???? That's kinda freaky

Comment

Originally posted by YWG Chick
          I didn't know that anyone can read ACARS messages???? That's kinda freaky
          The joy of unencrypted transmissions

I've read some airlines do encrypt the messages, anyone know which ones? I can see El Al doing it.

Comment

now before I finish this installation, I have one more rather pressing question:

Is this legal in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
              now before I finish this installation, I have one more rather pressing question:

Is this legal in the US?
              Why wouldn't it be? The transmissions are "in the clear", and can be analagous to using a scanner to hear ATC chatter. There are acarsd servers in the US as well, so you just have to run the client and "listen" in, no need to hook up your scanner to your computer to "hear" ACARS msgs...

Comment

I don't know about the US, but it is in Canada. As long as you don't cause the signal to come to you, you can use it. That's one of the biggest reasons for Cable Companies here pushing Digital Cable. Filters aren't always effective, and once the signal is in your home, you can decode and watch to your hearts content. (though it is illegal to sell the equipment to decode the signal)

Comment

Actually Jason I consider that one to be quite boring unfortunately

I pick up guys asking about the weather all the time....now sports scores, those are more interesting

Comment

Who needs ACARS for sports scores, just find a military tower near by, we are almost always "aware" of the sports scores.
                    "I use mulit-billion dollar military satellite systems to find tupperware in the woods."

Comment

Here's an interesting one, the weather is pretty bad over the gulf coast right now.

ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: .N625AW [Airbus A320-231 America West Airlines]
                      Message label: 10 Block id: 2 Msg. no: M45A
                      Flight id:
                      HP0639 [KTPA-KPHX]
                      Message content:-
                      FT,DX,,,,THIS IS TURNING INTO A N
                      O FUN TRIP:

-------------------------------------[06/06/2005 18:26]

"I use mulit-billion dollar military satellite systems to find tupperware in the woods."

Comment

Originally posted by NBGTowerGuy
                        Who needs ACARS for sports scores, just find a military tower near by, we are almost always "aware" of the sports scores.
                        so that explains the 30 second pause from when I call up RDR tower till when I hear a response when I'm shooting approaches there

Comment

Probibly, either that or the PS2's and X-Box's, takes a few seconds for us to realize someone called, press pause, figure out what you asked, the repond.

P.S.: shhhhhhh thats a classified secret, don't tell anyone

Comment

"ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: N303NB [A319-114]
                            Message label: 30 [Free text message ] Block id: 5 Msg no: M42A
                            Flight id: NW0519 [New York, La Guardia Airport, NY, USA-Minneapolis, Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport, MN, USA] [NORTHWEST AIRLINES]
                            060030 LGA MSP3
                            F
                            ANY PLANS FOR US TOMORRO
                            W WHAT HAPPEND TO OUR
                            RAP TURN"

Rap turn?

Comment

Probibly talking about the trip to Rapid City, SD (KRAP). Here's another interesting one that came up:

ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: .N706US [Airbus A319-112 US Airways]
                              Message label: H1 Block id: 7 Msg. no: C19A
                              Flight id:
                              US1070 [KMSY-KCLT]
                              #CFBFLR/FR05060700250026121505CHECK ENG2 FIRE LOOP B/IDFDU 2

-------------------------------------[06/06/2005 19:27]

Comment

Working...
                              X