Air Canada introduces new non-stop routes: Canada and North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada introduces new non-stop routes: Canada and North America

Air Canada today announced the introduction of a series of new non-stop services between

Edmonton-Regina,
    Edmonton-Saskatoon,
    Hamilton-Montreal,
    Hamilton-Ottawa,
    Calgary-Las Vegas,
    Vancouver-Las Vegas and an improved schedule between Montreal and Las Vegas.

The new routes will be operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Jazz, and are being implemented to respond to new market opportunities made possible with the renewal of the carriers' fleets that has now begun with the delivery of new, smaller jet aircraft.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.
    - The baby will be back -

Interesting choices for new routes.. some are kinda shocking tho... like the routes outta YHM... hopefully they get enough feed to make them work and that they won't fall the way of their former services to YXX. YHM might be as supportive to AC as YXX was, and we all know they don't service YXX anymore. These two airports were never interesting to AC until the discount carriers started flying to them and people might remember who was there first and opened up those airports to scheduled services.

Comment

Air Canada and its subsidiaries have operated from YHM in the past. Charters to the south were offered not that many years ago. Operating the services with CRJ's will be much easier to fill.

Comment

I think cities were left out YXU.

Comment

I'm not sure why there isn't more services from YXU, then again they have never expanded services from YSB, YYB or YAM. Just run to the HUB.

Comment

Not surprised by the LAS additions, the city is one of the most visited cities in world, with over 37 million visitors last year alone. It seems to be a popular choice for airlines to offer new service to, look at FL adding service from CAK and FNT to LAS in addition to a fourth ATL flight to LAS, and Allegiant adding several new markets to LAS as well.

Comment

ppl from london have no choice but to go to yyz....thers no options!!! London can support other routes I think if they were given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by YXU737
                ppl from london have no choice but to go to yyz....thers no options!!!
                Great. Now you can try YHM

Comment

Nice to see Air Canada expanding and enter the YHM market. I wonder if these additional Las Vegas flights have anything to do with HP/US? Maybe provide some feed from LAS?
                  matthew

Comment

we already have service to ottawa and montreal

Comment

Originally posted by YXU737
                      we already have service to ottawa and montreal
                      Ottawa and Toronto, not Montreal .

Comment

YWG gets the shaft again... I still don't agree with the CRJ to YYZ...they fill those Airbus flights, so why the baby jet on the morning flight (typically a good yield)? Maybe Westjet's teaching 'em that much of a lesson...although I'll say, the CRJ-705 looks mighty sweet

Be interesting to see if AC ever tries to challenge Zoom to LHR from here. I wouldn't put it past them, even though nothing's been announced yet. AC doesn't take kindly to things like that...perhaps they'll try to rock-bottom-price Zoom out of Winnipeg. Thoughts?

Comment

Andrew C
                          yxu-yow-yul Dash-1.....one stop

Comment

Edmonton-Saskatoon is hardly a "new" route as I flew it in a DC9 in Jan 90, and back.
                            ________
                            Honda Stream history

Comment

Even though there were Edmonton to Saskatchewan routes in the past as a78jumper pointed out, it is still hard for me to believe there is currently no direct route between them...

also, I'm happy for YHM. I have always felt sorry for that "forgotten" city.

Comment

Working...
                              X