What about Emirates to Latin America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Emirates to Latin America?

Since last year i´ve heard about Emirates is planning new routes to Latin America. The new destinations were informed as Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo in Brazil, Buenos Aires-Argentina and Santiago de Chile. Some with direct flights, some with connex and some as stopover.
    I´ve heard also that they´re planning a flight from DXB to AKL and SYD via GRU or GIG with stopover in SCL and this will became the first flight ever from Brazil to New Zealand and Australia and, in my opinion, extremely welcome!
    But, for a long time I´ve heard no news about it.
    All these flights are supposed to be operated with the A340-500
    Does anyone knows about the new plans for Emirates?
    São Paulo - GRU
    53.33%
    Rio de Janeiro - GIG
    33.33%
    Santiago - SCL
    0.00%
    Buenos Aires - EZE
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

Sowing the seeds of love
    Roland Orzabal and Chris Hughes

Yesterday I heard they have taken down stop signs some places in Rio de Janeiro in order to prevent carjackings.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

They have already announced plans to serve GRU and EZE, but I don't remember a time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        Yesterday I heard they have taken down stop signs some places in Rio de Janeiro in order to prevent carjackings.
        Weird, I didn´t see anything about it.

Anyway, I believe in you!
        Sowing the seeds of love
        Roland Orzabal and Chris Hughes

Comment

Over the past few months Emirates has been visiting many cities like you have said. Although, they are pleased with some of the markets and see great potential in them, they haven't set a starting date. With a recent fiasco over whether they should get 777LR's or not, there might be a delay in whether or not they could open some more ultra-longhaul routes. Right now, I think all of their A340's are in use.
          - The baby will be back -

Comment

I wonder if they would also consider Caribbean or Central American destination. I know that CCS would be a do well for the oil industry, opec, etc. But then again that may not be that strong.

Also, Cuba is looking good for European tourism, maybe they could do a UK-Cuba flight?

And as for MEX, that may work. But what do you guys think? I know that the UAE is trying to pull touristst to thir country, would flights to other tourists destinations be good for them?

Also, MIA (but only because its on my wish list)....

Anyway, I would like to see them do EZE. It would be good for them. Can an A345 or even their 773s do the EZE-SYD? Or do they need the 772LRs to do that?
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

A A345 could easily do EZE-SYD.
              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by ojjunior
                Originally posted by PT737SWA
                Weird, I didn´t see anything about it.
                I didn't see anything about it either.

Maybe is a great rumour, only to turn down the reputation of Rio. If it were true, they would need to do the same thing in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinhoBSB
                  I didn't see anything about it either.

Maybe is a great rumour, only to turn down the reputation of Rio. If it were true, they would need to do the same thing in NYC.
                  Yeah, I rather to take with the vote to GIG. Those are part with better idea for new routes to South America. Maybe EK will decide to wants new routes to GRU or GIG.

Comment

Working...
                  X