Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 767 gets an order!!!!

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...t176474_newsml

TOKYO, June 30 (Reuters) - Japan Airlines Corp. (9205.T: Quote, Profile, Research) has ordered six more Boeing 767 aircraft, it said on Thursday.
    Asia's biggest carrier ordered three 767-300 ER cargo planes and three 767-300ER passenger planes, it said in a statement. ER stands for extended range.

the 3 pax version surprise me....thought they'd all be cargo

i bet ya they got them cheap, cheap!!

YEAH!!!! Now the 767 will be here for even longer. Does anyone have news on the Air Force deals with the 100 tankers?

Comment

I'm sure Boeing is happy that is recieving an order on a nearly dead line. While it might be small, it could open the door for other big orders in the future.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by mariner75
        YEAH!!!! Now the 767 will be here for even longer. Does anyone have news on the Air Force deals with the 100 tankers?
        The government is dragging its feet on this. The time it can make a final decision, probably 777F would be available and Boeing would be offering the 777 tanker vs. Airbus A380 tanker.
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

Why have they ordered passenger versions when they are getting B787's. Good news for the B767 though
          The upgraded Air Humberside
          NOW WITH FORUM
          NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
          The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

they will probably get the 767's a few years earlyier then their 787's

Comment

Well, they will get their last 767 in 2008, and they will get their first 787 in 2008 as well.
              Though of course, if their last 767s are freighters, it will be 2007, so a one-year differenc. And if JL is first going to replace their A300s, it will be an even longer timespan between the two models in the same category.

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
                and Boeing would be offering the 777 tanker
                ...to replace the KC10s perhaps.

As you (but perhaps others may not) know, the 777 airframe is total overkill so far as this project goes.
                Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                X