Big Airport Ideas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Airport Ideas!!

Ever since i was i kid i kept reading about new airports that would be the next worlds biggest airport in the world, at first i think it was Paris CDG or Dallas DFW, then after that it was something like Denver DIA and now its the new Dubai thing......whatever i say......big ideas , big cash, big land availabilty etc.IS IT JUST A PIPE DREAM?

Most of the busiest airports 20yrs ago are still holding the fort and many will continue to do say in the future.eg

TOP 10 AIRPORT - 1981 (PASSENGER VOLUME)
    CHICAGO O'HARE
    ATLANTA
    LOS ANGELES
    LONDON-HEATHROW
    NEW YORK-JFK
    DALLAS/FORT WORTH
    DENVER-STAPLETON
    TOKYO-HANEDA
    MIAMI INT
    SAN FRANCISCO

TOP 10 AIRPORTS - 2003
    ATLANTA
    CHICAGO O'HARE
    LONDON-HEATHROW
    TOKYO-HANEDA
    LOS ANGELES
    DALLAS/FORT WORTH
    FRANKFURT
    PARIS CDG
    AMSTERDAM
    DENVER DIA

apart from a few euro airports jumping in there, i dont see much change in the USA..do you? Heathrow will not be beaten for a long time,plans are underway to create a 125m capacity airport within 15yrs time so thats Europe sorted, O'Hare should regain its title from Delta international(ATLANTA) when it gets the 6 parallels and who cares about anything other than that!!

Ya man! LHR ROX!!!!!!!11111oneoneone OMG OMG!

Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
      apart from a few euro airports jumping in there, i dont see much change in the USA..do you?
      What do European airports have to do with the US?
      Heathrow will not be beaten for a long time,plans are underway to create a 125m capacity airport within 15yrs time so thats Europe sorted,
      I don't know on what planet you are living, but I'd like to remind you of some facts from the planet that we call earth:
      On this planet, and especially in the neighborhood of LHR; we have people called NIMBY's who don't give a rat's ass about an airport needing expansion. Thanks to that, LHR is landlocked. They can add as many new terminals as they want, but unless they get a new runway and get their other terminals updated, they will continue to lose traffic either to other European airports, especially like CDG, which still has plenty of space for several more terminals and runway, and already has twice the runway capacity of LHR, or to more and more nonstop flights that make a connection at LHR unnecessary, like US-India, or US-DXB. Those connecting pax are essential to LHR, and neither BA nor VS, no matter what they offer, could offset that.
      O'Hare should regain its title from Delta international(ATLANTA) when it gets the 6 parallels
      What title? Passenger movements? Hell, unless DL goes belly-up, ORD will never be #1 in pax again. ATL gained that position years ago, and it'll be a cold day in hell before they will lose it to ORD.
      Or plane movements? Well, first of, Major Daley is an ass, and second, again, NIMBYs. It will take years, if not a decade for ORD to get their 6 parallel runways. In that time, ATL will have it's 5th runway, 6th concourse and international terminal, as well as a new South Terminal ready, and might eventually still have money for a 6th, though in all likeliness, that won't even be required.
      and who cares about anything other than that!!
      Yeah right, who gives a fvck about his own little, crappy hometown airport like Ottawa (yikes), Daytona Beach (argh), or even Hamburg (by god, I'm having a heart attack? I guess nobody does .

Comment

but unless they get a new runway and get their other terminals updated, they will continue to lose traffic either to other European airports, especially like CDG, which still has plenty of space for several more terminals and runway, and already has twice the runway capacity of LHR, or to more and more nonstop flights that make a connection at LHR unnecessary, like US-India, or US-DXB.
        ...which right now, the third runway has a zero-chance of being constructed. Due to LHR's landlocked position not only are they constantly restrainted by NIMBYS' but have little room for expansion, let alone another runway. Unless another smaller regional airport is built in the London area in order to alleviate some of the traffic, LHR won't be topping that list for a while.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Dal 767-400er / Baby Purin

Well the only thing that seperates us is the Atlantic Ocean...cool.

You Americans , just like us modern English , really know how to 'bust-balls' and piss people off, which i like also.But you must realise that i (we) are not 'dicks' and we know whats what.I have spent at least 10yrs off my life studying LHR and many other great airports including Hartsfield and i know what pattern has emerged from that.

1st- Hartsfield
          biggest / busiest domestic airport in the world due to the vast country it serves and the airline/s that serve it.Wont go on for ever, Delta will be nothing more than a Pan-Am, TWA, Eastern and maybe ermm Piedmont!
          4 now though, every American soul must pass through there for thier sins and god bless them too.

2nd- Heathrow
          The UK government will not let NIMBYS stop the wheel, its wildly acknowledged to those that are in 'the know' that its only a matter of time......it will happen just as T4 did and T5 will, the government has learned from that timescales that was delayed due to NIMBY action and has made new measures to stop this happening again.........COMPULSARY PURCHASE ORDERS to bust a few balls , to get the rats out of the kitchen and BAA is the chef.

SO I LOVE ALL AIRPORTS ANYWAY, AND TREAT EACH ONE IN ITS OWN DOMAIN AND RESPECT IT ON ITS OWN MERITS JUST LIKE I DO WITH PEOPLE, SO PEACE TO YOU ALL AND IM HAPPY TO CHAT AND SHARE KNOWLEDGE WITH THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED WITH AN INTEREST OF MINE.G.BLESS.................PEACE LONDON

Comment

Ever since i was i kid i kept reading about new airports that would be the next worlds biggest airport in the world, at first i think it was Paris CDG or Dallas DFW, then after that it was something like Denver DIA and now its the new Dubai thing......whatever i say......big ideas , big cash, big land availabilty etc.IS IT JUST A PIPE DREAM?

Most of the busiest airports 20yrs ago are still holding the fort and many will continue to do say in the future.eg

TOP 10 AIRPORT - 1981 (PASSENGER VOLUME)
            CHICAGO O'HARE
            ATLANTA
            LOS ANGELES
            LONDON-HEATHROW
            NEW YORK-JFK
            DALLAS/FORT WORTH
            DENVER-STAPLETON
            TOKYO-HANEDA
            MIAMI INT
            SAN FRANCISCO

TOP 10 AIRPORTS - 2003
            ATLANTA
            CHICAGO O'HARE
            LONDON-HEATHROW
            TOKYO-HANEDA
            LOS ANGELES
            DALLAS/FORT WORTH
            FRANKFURT
            PARIS CDG
            AMSTERDAM
            DENVER DIA

apart from a few euro airports jumping in there, i dont see much change in the USA..do you? Heathrow will not be beaten for a long time,plans are underway to create a 125m capacity airport within 15yrs time so thats Europe sorted, O'Hare should regain its title from Delta international(ATLANTA) when it gets the 6 parallels and who cares about anything other than that!!
            You forgot Madrid - Barajas (MAD / LEMD) which is the seconds busiest airport in the world.

Regards
            James

Sally B The UKs last remaining airworthy B-17 Flying Fortress

Comment

You Americans , just like us modern English , really know how to 'bust-balls' and piss people off, which i like also.But you must realise that i (we) are not 'dicks' and we know whats what.
              When did babypurin or I piss people off or call someone a "dick"? We just stated facts. I love unbased accusations .
              I have spent at least 10yrs off my life studying LHR and many other great airports including Hartsfield and i know what pattern has emerged from that.
              If you have studied LHR for 10 years, you should be very aware of the power the NIMBYs have around the airport. It's more than your studies have shown obviously.
              1st- Hartsfield
              biggest / busiest domestic airport in the world due to the vast country it serves and the airline/s that serve it.Wont go on for ever, Delta will be nothing more than a Pan-Am, TWA, Eastern and maybe ermm Piedmont!
              4 now though,

And I thought I'd read anti-Delta crap like that only on a.net.
              every American soul must pass through there for thier sins and god bless them too.
              Now what are you trying to achieve with a comment like that?
              2nd- Heathrow
              The UK government will not let NIMBYS stop the wheel, its wildly acknowledged to those that are in 'the know' that its only a matter of time......it will happen just as T4 did and T5 will, the government has learned from that timescales that was delayed due to NIMBY action and has made new measures to stop this happening again.........COMPULSARY PURCHASE ORDERS to bust a few balls , to get the rats out of the kitchen and BAA is the chef.
              You have no idea what you are talking about. You fail to realise that NIMBYs are way more powerful than you think they are. If it was that easy for the government to just disown the NIMBY's around LHR, then why didn't they do it 10-15 years ago, when LHR was already showing signs of hlacking enough runways to keep delays down? Or why are alternatives like STN or LGW still stuck with a single runway apiece?
              SO I LOVE ALL AIRPORTS ANYWAY, AND TREAT EACH ONE IN ITS OWN DOMAIN AND RESPECT IT ON ITS OWN MERITS JUST LIKE I DO WITH PEOPLE, SO PEACE TO YOU ALL AND IM HAPPY TO CHAT AND SHARE KNOWLEDGE WITH THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED WITH AN INTEREST OF MINE.G.BLESS.................PEACE LONDON
              Again, I ask for the sense of this comment? And a side info: CAPSLOCK equals screaming, not strenghtening a comment.

Originally posted by James
              You forgot Madrid - Barajas (MAD / LEMD) which is the seconds busiest airport in the world.

Regards
              James
              Madrid is nowhere near the second busiest airport in the world. The new terminal and runways will help them, but MAD is still far from the Top Ten.

Comment

Must off read it wrong from Airliner world.

Sally B The UKs last remaining airworthy B-17 Flying Fortress

Comment

dakota, think before you post, threads like this are the reason why member who have been here a long time are leaving the forums for good.
                  Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Working...
                  X