YWG-CDG - Fare Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YWG-CDG - Fare Help

I'm looking to take my best friend on a little trip to Paris...*maybe* next year (but probably in 2 or 3...she's always wanted to go) in the next year or two...we both live in Winnipeg, and here's where the help comes in: I can't seem to find flights over there for under 1000 bucks plus, and money doesn't grow on trees...however, I've heard of other people getting tickets for as little as 400 or 500 bucks return from Canada-France...and was wondering how one exactly goes about getting that kind of price.

Advice on hotels is also appreciated...from experience, hotels in Europe tend to be pretty pricey, and I'm trying to keep the price of the trip (~10 days) under 7 or 8 thousand CAD.

Thanks for the help guys...I'll let ya know what comes out of the whole idea (it's sorta a work-in-progress and a getting-money-in-progress...or miles)...but if I'm out there in the next few years, I'll buy a round for whoever helps me

I think Air Transat is the cheapest. You might be able to get flights for $400-$500 depending on the season. Air Transat also offers cheap airfare on last minute deals if your lucky. You can try checking out Zoom as well. They have flights out of YUL I think.
    matthew

Comment

Hmm, good call on Zoom...although they don't serve Winnipeg to CDG, only LGW. That brings to mind though...I'm gonna go check Easyjet's fares on London (ehm...any airport) to Paris...shouldn't be too bad...

Thanks for the help so far

Edit: YWG-LGW on Zoom, then LTN-CDG (then return the same way) comes in at about 850 bucks...not too shabby...

More suggestions are welcome, though

Comment

Originally posted by YWGJoe
        Hmm, good call on Zoom...although they don't serve Winnipeg to CDG, only LGW. That brings to mind though...I'm gonna go check Easyjet's fares on London (ehm...any airport) to Paris...shouldn't be too bad...

Thanks for the help so far

Edit: YWG-LGW on Zoom, then LTN-CDG (then return the same way) comes in at about 850 bucks...not too shabby...

More suggestions are welcome, though
        You can also look via US carriers, though 2 years ahead could be a lot different, demand keeps growing and so do ticket prices to Europe.

Comment

Same price in numerical amount, but US dollars...which multiplies by about 1.3....so it's actually pretty expensive to go NW (as much as I'd like to try 'em)

Comment

Working...
          X