...If I-Air goes under....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...If I-Air goes under....

....IF...(hence the word IF!!) goes under who do you think will acquire their A319 and CRJ's?

The leasing companies who own them .

Comment

if I-air goes under..... no one would notice atleast not in MCO. Independance just isn't big enough to make any kind of meaningful change in the industry. Best wishes to the crew members if and when they do go.....

my .02
      In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

If they can afford the leases...

United would take the 319's...or HP...since each has 319's with IAE engines.

Mesa might pick up the rest of the CR2's.
        ~Steve

Comment

There's no particular reason that where DH to fail or radically downsize, that the 319s would have to find new homes in the U.S. The aircraft leasing market is truly global, and the planes could easily end up somewhere in Europe or Asia!

The CRJs are more of a problem. If flyI folds or dumps, the market may not immediately be able to accomidate nearly 60 of CRJs, so the answer may be long term storage in a dry climate for a lot of them...

MPL

Comment

The question is not "if", but "when".....

Considering that they've pretty much sold every single a/c they owned and what's left is leased, it's whoever the leasing company can place them with once the a/c are returned or repossessed. The CRJs will probably end up with Mesa, SkyWest/ASA, Air Whisky, Jazz, and Comair (that is if they haven't been sold by this time). As for the A319s, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
              The CRJs will probably end up with Mesa
              Didn't Mesa say they had too many CRJs?

Comment

THe CRJ's only future if Indy goes under is probably a place where it is very hot, very dry, and there's lots of sand.

Comment

Maybe WN will move into their space at IAD.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Nosedive
                    Didn't Mesa say they had too many CRJs?
                    Considering they are starting new service for Delta with a fleet of 30 ERJs previously used for US and replaced by the same number of CRJs, I doubt that.
                    Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                    THe CRJ's only future if Indy goes under is probably a place where it is very hot, very dry, and there's lots of sand.
                    Why, is the US planning to pay Saudi Arabian fuel in CRJs instead of dollars now ?
                    Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Maybe WN will move into their space at IAD.
                    now that would be site, WN trying to put 73Gs into CRJ-sized parking positions .

Comment

Working...
                    X