• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4000th Airbus delivered

from Airbus.com

Congratulations Airbus. In three years we will probably see #5000

4,000th Airbus aircraft delivered to Lufthansa
    9 September 2005

Airbus reached a significant milestone today when the 4,000th aircraft to come off the production line was delivered to its customers Lufthansa; the Frankfurt-based airline took delivery of the twin-aisle A330-300 at a special ceremony in Toulouse, France.

Commenting on this achievement, Gustav Humbert, Chief Executive Officer, stressed the significance of this historical day for Airbus. He said: "This is a clear reflection of the company’s success with customers and operators and with the travelling public." Since its creation, Airbus has brought to the market a series of 13 different models covering all market segments from the smallest 107-seat A318 up to the large 555-seat A380 double-decker.

Mr. Humbert continued: "With our most modern production line, we reached half the market share over the past few years. I wish to thank all our customers for their confidence in our products. Our ambition for the future is to continue to develop, produce and deliver products that will respond to – and even anticipate – customers’ needs. We want to ensure that they get the best in terms of quality and services."

Since its creation, Airbus has received orders for 5,570 aircraft including 544 A330s from 243 operators and 210 customers. This shows a healthy backlog of 1,570 aircraft.

Lufthansa was one of the very early Airbus operators when it took delivery of its first A300 aircraft in 1976, the first wide body twin engine aircraft to be produced by any aircraftmaker. Lufthansa has been a loyal Airbus customer since the early days.

The airline was launch customer for the A310 back in 1978. Lufthansa was also one of the driving forces behind the launch of the A330/A340 programme back in 1987, and contributed significantly to the development of the A320. It became launch customer for the A321 in 1989, and is now, with more than 80 aircraft in service, one of the largest operators of the A320 family. Lufthansa was also a launch customer for the A380 of which it has ordered 15.

Mr. Humbert said: "We are therefore particularly proud that this delivery goes to Lufthansa, an airline which has virtually acquired and ordered all Airbus models from the A300 to the A380. We are also very pleased that this 4,000th aircraft happens to be the highly successful A330-300, as it remains the work horse on the long range medium capacity routes. The A330-300 has been a lynchpin of Airbus' success and has played a key role in many airlines' long haul operations."

The A330-300 is the twin-engine Airbus aircraft which offers the best cost per passenger ratio in its category and is capable of carrying 335 passengers comfortably. A330 airliners have flown over five million operational hours with more than 60 customers and operators. Such popularity lies in the A330's ability to match market requirements more closely in terms of range and efficiency than other aircraft currently on the market whilst continuing to offer the highest levels of technology in terms of structure, aerodynamics, systems and cockpit commonality.

Airbus is an EADS joint company with BAE Systems.
    Andy

Congratulations to Airbus.

Airbus is the aircraft manufacturer, which a certain Boeing CEO in the 70's predicted that it would make a dozen planes and then close.

Regards.
    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by onlyboeingifly
      Once they start paying off all these subsidies they go belly up!
      The same goes for Boeing, pal.

Regards.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

4000? wow! Congratulations! I mean WOW! AMAZING! SPECTACULAR! I can't imagine how terrific this is for those Frenchys. They should have a parade and a big marching band and another 4 hour long ceremony with the electronic wizard guy like they had with the A380 rollout. I can't stand myself over this! OMG, as a Boeing fan, this makes me cower in my boots and want to pack up and buy an Airbus baseball cap! Holy Smoke! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! ~

The 737 is at something like 5,200. I am not impressed.
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Good for Airbus!

Comment

Good for them

(Funny how it's always the same two guys that seem to be unable to behave themselves like intelligent people when something is posted about Airbus...)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadower
              Good for them

(Funny how it's always the same two guys that seem to be unable to behave themselves like intelligent people when something is posted about Airbus...)
              Did I go nuts or even post when Boeing hit 400 orders this year? Or 200 787 orders? NO. This is just a bunch of crap that Airbus people post because there isn't enough to post that is actually good news. Great that they are making a race out of this, but don't expect me to be quite about it and don't expect me to throw them a cookie.
              THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
              Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
              George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                Did I go nuts or even post when Boeing hit 400 orders this year? Or 200 787 orders? NO.
                It's just a news article, nobody's going nuts about anything...

This is just a bunch of crap that Airbus people post because there isn't enough to post that is actually good news.
                This is just a article about a company reaching a new milestone, what's crappy about that?

Great that they are making a race out of this, but don't expect me to be quite about it and don't expect me to throw them a cookie.
                Please, show me the part of this article where they are "making a race of it"...

Comment

Sometimes I find it funny when people get emotional seeing any good news from Airbus or Boeing. This A v B issue should not be there at all. I mean, do you see anyone going crazy with Citibank vs Deutsche Bank? Or may be ExxonMobile vs Royal Dutch Shell? You would probably find any of those utterly crazy. But why is A v B any different? Those are just two companies.

Aircraft industry is not the only one getting subsidies from government. Farming in developed world are so heavily subsidized to a point that it is determined that if EU and US stopped subsidizing their farmers, price of suger cane in the world would be 300% higher. Textile industry in developed countries are heavily subsidized by the form of quotas being put onto imports of such products from developing countries.

But why people would become emotional when discussing subsidies in aircraft industry? This is completely beyond my comprehension.

The delivery of 4000th airplane is just a piece of news that would certainly and naturally be reported by an aircraft manufacturer, any aircraft manufaturer. How does that differ from eBay announcing its one millionth member registration or Toyota delivering its 100000th Camry? And I don't think there will be any eBay vs Yahoo! thread or Toyota vs Honda thread?
                  Next:
                  None Planned

Comment

Deustche Bank kicks Citibanks butt!!

Comment

Originally posted by onlyboeingifly
                      4,000?!? thats it......wow, Boeing could teach them a thing or too.
                      Once they start paying off all these subsidies they go belly up!
                      seriously dude....go discover women or somethin

Comment

Well, I'm glad it was their best product !
                        Cheers+ Kudos to Airbus,

Comment

4000 is not that impressive.....Boeings sold more 737 then that alone.

Comment

. Though You have to admit although Boeing had a 10 year headstart Airbus' 4,000 deliveries is still pretty small compared to to Boeing's 14,000 or so.

Check out Boeing's all time order sheet (caution 56k)

Comment

Thats great news for Airbus!
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X