X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA to install blended winglets on 752's

Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index...4108406&EDATE=

Foxtrot

Very Cool I am guessing the winglets will be fitted on the 757's being used to fly the thin, intl routes, as well as cross country flights? The exTWA 757 wont be getting them thats for sure (and a darn shame but understandable). I am guessing we won't see them in STL

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Im guessing that everyone will eventually install them as the cost of installing is less then the cost in fuel without them over a period of time.

Comment

Lets copy CO! Lol, jk. Cant wait to see the winglets on a AA 757.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
          Im guessing that everyone will eventually install them as the cost of installing is less then the cost in fuel without them over a period of time.
          Chris -- are the wingtips on the Airbuses on NWA fleets designed to do what the winglets do? Or are winglets and wing tips totally different things? I wonder because if NWA ends up getting them, the only Boeing product they have is the 757 (that is winglet applicable).

Alex
          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Yup.... Exactly what I was thinking. Soon US and UA might be doing the same. If it weren't for the recent announcement, then maybe Song/DL would consider doing the same.
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I agree, when its more cost efficiant I'm sure it'll be adopted by many airlines in the future. Look how fast 737s with winglets are spreading.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Finally something a little different at DFW!
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I dont think you will see them at DFW for long unless AA plans to install them on all. Chances are they are gonna do what CO does and use them on bos-europe routes!

Comment

Working...
                  X