1 Million FF Miles in 50 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Million FF Miles in 50 Days

"A commercial cargo pilot, Tacchi decided two weeks ago to take Air Canada up on its North America Unlimited Pass offer, which costs the customer $3,500 a month and allows unlimited travel to more than 100 destinations in North America."

"He even manages to spend three nights a week sleeping in his own bed in Vancouver and will have the million points in the bag within 50 days.

"I'm flying about 7,500 miles or points a day," he explained. "But I hold super-elite status so it multiplies out at 2.75. I'm doing 19,000 points a day."

"The "trick" is to spend the day flying back and forth between Vancouver and Victoria and Vancouver and Nanaimo. They are short trips that last about 15 minutes. They garner a minimum 500 miles. By contrast, a flight to Calgary also garners 500 points but takes almost 90 minutes."

Brilliant!
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

There's another plus of that program. Too bad you gotta get two months at a time though. :/

Comment

Well if AC still has this special during the summer I might take them up on it. It will get me one hell of a lot of SA miles plus I will be spending the summer in YUL. I could fly too LAX, PHX, SFO, FLL, NYC, DCA, etc.. whenever I want. I can spare $3,500k (CDN) for one hell of a summer.

Comment

I believeone month was available at $3499. One million miles would give him 40 roundtrips anywhere in NA, 65 short hauls or 20 trips to Europe in Y, which is quite a bargain for the $$$ paid, mind you his time is worth something too.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
          I believeone month was available at $3499. One million miles would give him 40 roundtrips anywhere in NA, 65 short hauls or 20 trips to Europe in Y, which is quite a bargain for the $$$ paid, mind you his time is worth something too.
          20 to europe!!! WOW!!! That can qual like $120k total!!! (if avergae ticket price was $600) Plus all the benifits of Star Alliance highest levels like clubs, F upgrades, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
            Well if AC still has this special during the summer I might take them up on it. It will get me one hell of a lot of SA miles plus I will be spending the summer in YUL. I could fly too LAX, PHX, SFO, FLL, NYC, DCA, etc.. whenever I want. I can spare $3,500k (CDN) for one hell of a summer.
            I wouldn't make the offer available in the summer if I was the one making the decisions... although I would definitely consider it as a passenger!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
              20 to europe!!! WOW!!! That can qual like $120k total!!! (if avergae ticket price was $600)
              Umm, I think your math is just a wee bit off there

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
                I believeone month was available at $3499.
                It was definitely two months minimum. I was actually looking to get the pass.

"*Must purchase two months. Condition of purchase requires two monthly payments: one online at time of initial purchase and a second one that is automatically processed on/at October 31, 2005."

Comment

Working...
                X