Aircraft That Were a Mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft That Were a Mistake?

What aircraft do you think should never have been built? The 747SP springs to my mind.
    DTVAirport

Commercially seen, the VFW 614,
    Hobbyistic seen, the 737 (not to start a war here) because it is so often seen, yet there would be another plane seen way to often.
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
      Commercially seen, the VFW 614,
      Hobbyistic seen, the 737 (not to start a war here) because it is so often seen, yet there would be another plane seen way to often.
      I thought you might have picked the 767 lol.

Rich

Comment

I think overall the A340-200 was an overall flop. This model serves no real market that is not already dominated by a Boeing 767, or the A330 series for that matter.
        O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

The 737-100 as far as I know was'nt a best seller.

Rich

Comment

The Boeing 717, and as far as general aviation goes, any airplane with retractable gear. Our general aviation pilots are too stupid to operate an airplane with retractable gear. Thank god they quit making them.

Comment

The Boeing 717 probably wasn't as good as they hoped for it to be, but AirTran and Hawaiian like it

The 737-600 didn't sell great at all either.

Not many airlines use the A310...American has the A300 but it seems like they're decreasing in number as well (AA replacing some of the BOS-MIA routes with 757's instead)

Comment

767-400 and the 757-300 wern't the best selling Boeing aircraft
                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
                  The Boeing 717, and as far as general aviation goes, any airplane with retractable gear. Our general aviation pilots are too stupid to operate an airplane with retractable gear. Thank god they quit making them.

??? They still make Mooneys with retractable gear. They still make Barons and Bonanzas with retractable gear. Piper still makes a couple GA models with retractable gear.

Mike
                  Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                  lp.org

Comment

The A340-8000.

Ordered and thankfully cancelled during construction by the Sultan of Brunei
                    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

Comment

The Dassault Mercure, aka the French 737 rip-off; Dassault sold a mere 11 planes to a single carrier, namely Air Inter.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        The Dassault Mercure, aka the French 737 rip-off; Dassault sold a mere 11 planes to a single carrier, namely Air Inter.
                        I was about to name this one. I thought they just sold 10, not 11?

A 120-seat jet with a range of 890km... Don't know what the engineers were thinking about. The Chinese would have made a better 737 copy.

A real French domestic aircraft though. Doesn't have enough range to fly out of France.
                        Next:
                        None Planned

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
                          What aircraft do you think should never have been built? The 747SP springs to my mind.
                          I must agree with you. It is like a mutated 747. On the other hand, they are quite fascinating.
                          Originally posted by ErwinS
                          767-400 and the 757-300 wern't the best selling Boeing aircraft
                          I quite like the 757, nice nose.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer
                            I must agree with you. It is like a mutated 747. On the other hand, they are quite fascinating.
                            Don't mess with the SP Love them!
                            757 are also very nice aircraft, a shame that they don't make them anymore.
                            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS
                              Don't mess with the SP Love them!
                              LOL It should read: don't mess with the 747 or you get the SP

Sorry to hurt you feelings Erwin

Comment

Working...
                              X