BA Leaving Oneworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA Leaving Oneworld?

Browse some photos of BA and you'll notice that the 'United Kingdom' sticker at the rear fuselage, the Royal Mail sticker near the reg, and the Oneworld sticker near the cockpit windows are all disappearing - if they aren't leaving Oneworld then Oneworld are gonna be awful upset that their stickers are being removed...
    DTVAirport

WIth JAL and RJ joining up, and as a founder member of the alliance, I cant see what benefits BA would gain by leaving.

It could be that the airplanes you have seen devoid of the logo may have been in for maintenance and decals have not yet been reapplied.
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

Comment

I remember there was discussion of this on another airlines aircraft and there alliance stickers.
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by BOEING777X
        WIth JAL and RJ joining up, and as a founder member of the alliance, I cant see what benefits BA would gain by leaving.
        Nothing at all. Since the two joining the alliance, it does sound a little bit weird if they after all wants to leave the -World..
        Originally posted by BOEING777X
        It could be that the airplanes you have seen devoid of the logo may have been in for maintenance and decals have not yet been reapplied.
        Maybe.. No Clue why ..But its not that often they tak out the logos just because they are going into maintenance. But I could be wrong. so.....
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Where else can it go to?

Probably just removing the stickers temporarily for maintenance or may be that's a plane on short term lease?

As you said, the "United Kingdom" sticker was removed too. So unless BA is leaving UK too...
          Next:
          None Planned

Comment

BA leaving oneworld= not likey

BA wont leave oneworld as it is another area which they can dictate to other airlines as a founding member. After putting all that effort into the alliance and relations with other airlines- BA would not give that up willy nilly!!

Squeaky
            "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
            EMA-PRG Easyjet
            PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Originally posted by CathayPacific
              So unless BA is leaving UK too...
              Don't they realize that the US IS PACKED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Comment

Why would maintenance need to remove a decal thats in no place special?
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  Why would maintenance need to remove a decal thats in no place special?
                  Not being a maintenance guy, some heavy checks (C or D checks) involve completely stripping the airframe of paint and components to check that all is in order- (perhaps removal of sections of airframe too).

As a result, once painted again, minor details like decals are left off....just a thought...
                  ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

Comment

Bloody good idea

i cant see myself with Iberia and American Airlines in the 'pack' it would seem completly pointless......unless they got a problem with JAL joining and RJ..but why would they??...especially since Will Walsh is an ex-Aer Lingus boy and they are in the pack aswell..it don't add up............unless BMI pulls out of Star, and they all allign with Virgin to form an LHR alliance.........oh dear..ive been on the pop again!!!..............bloody good idea i think....

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
                      i cant see myself with Iberia and American Airlines in the 'pack' it would seem completly pointless......unless they got a problem with JAL joining and RJ..but why would they??...especially since Will Walsh is an ex-Aer Lingus boy and they are in the pack aswell..it don't add up............unless BMI pulls out of Star, and they all allign with Virgin to form an LHR alliance.........oh dear..ive been on the pop again!!!..............bloody good idea i think....
                      ^can someone please explain to me what he just said?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                        ^can someone please explain to me what he just said?
                        Ask him whats up with the style of his post, Oh BTW I didnt get it either
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                          Ask him whats up with the style of his post, Oh BTW I didnt get it either
                          alright!

Dakota! What are you trying to say? And whats up with the funky font?

Comment

I have no idea what he said, but here's the translation of it by Gizoogle :
                            i ciznant see me wit Iberia n American Airlines in tha 'pack' it would seem completly pointlizzles tizzle gots a problem wit JAL join'n n RJ..but why would they??...especially since Wiznill Walsh is an ex-Aa Lingus boi n they is in tha pizzay aswell..it diznon't add up ............unless BMI pulls out of Star, n they all allign wit Virgin ta fizzorm an LHR alliance.........oh dear..ive been on tha pop again!!!..............bloody good idea i think....

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              I have no idea what he said, but here's the translation of it by Gizoogle :
                              Thanks Colin. Now I completely understand

Comment

Working...
                              X