Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada Boeing Deal Back On?

Tue Nov 1, 2005 02:41 PM ET

MONTREAL, Nov 1 (Reuters) - ACE Aviation Holdings Inc. unit Air Canada (ACErv.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Tuesday a binding arbitration decision resolving pilot cost issues will allow it to renew a $6 billion plan to buy Boeing (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) jets.

"With the successful resolution of this matter, we can now reengage Boeing to conclude an agreement on the acquisition of new wide-body aircraft and move forward with plans for the airline's future," Montie Brewer, Air Canada's president and chief executive said in a statement.

A disagreement with its pilots this summer over operating issues for new aircraft had forced Air Canada to cancel a $6 billion order made in April to buy 32 Boeing 777 and 787 Dreamliner jets.

($1=$1.18 Canadian)

For the link lovers

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi...3213-0&Start=0
    ...Because The Sky Is A Canvas, Waiting For A Masterpiece...

Click

I wish Air Canada had Boeing 777 they look so cool....

Comment

If it is in fact resuming the deals,how fast can they convert the pilots into boeing ? I mean since main part of their fleet is airbus, So im just curious. Yeah I'll second that what the person above me said. I was like overjoyed seeing the canadian colour on the 777's ..
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

It sucks because they had some good delivery slots on the 787, and with all of the hubhub now I am sure that they will have to wait a whiule longer to get the 787s that they need. Anyway, I agree with the other, the planes did look great in the AirCanada sheme!
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
          If it is in fact resuming the deals,how fast can they convert the pilots into boeing ? I mean since main part of their fleet is airbus, So im just curious. Yeah I'll second that what the person above me said. I was like overjoyed seeing the canadian colour on the 777's ..
          They can train pilots flying on Boeing 747. However it takes about 2 months to retrain. I don't know if it is true but that's what i heard when LOT was going to buy first Airbus and media asked how long will it take to retrain.

Comment

Answer, YES

ir Canada and ACPA reach agreement on process to resolve issues relating to Boeing widebody order

MONTREAL, Sept. 23 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today said that it had
            reached agreement with the Air Canada Pilots Association (ACPA) on a process
            to resolve all issues relating to the airline's acquisition of Boeing 777 and
            787 aircraft.
            A protocol agreement detailing terms of a binding arbitration process
            chaired by Mr. Martin Teplitsky, Q.C. was reached by the parties on September
            23, 2005. Through this process, the airline will obtain certainty on pilot
            costs and other issues relating to the new aircraft. Subject to a satisfactory
            outcome, Air Canada would then re-engage Boeing to conclude an agreement on
            the acquisition of 777 and 787 aircraft.
            On a separate matter and subject to the results being approved by the
            Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB), a mediation process will take place
            to review the current pilot issue resulting from the merger of Air Canada and
            Canadian Airlines.
            -Kevin

Comment

I cant wait to see that 787 in Toronto

Comment

This is good news for AC.. getting the new Boeings will allow them to expand to more destinations, many of which will be great distances away from Canada. Wonder if they still will have their original deliverly slots though??

I guess this also means we probably won't be seeing any of the A330's getting painted in the new colours.

Comment

I can't see how this deal would keep the 330's from being painted...many of these aircraft are quite a ways out and will replace the existing 767-200 fleet in the immediate future and allow for further expansion. It is my understanding that the 330's aren't going anywhere anytime soon, someone correct me if I'm wrong...not that I like the new c/s that much, but that's another story!
                  ________
                  Fat Woman Live
                  Aeroplan Elite / *A Gold

Next Flights:

Jan 6th YZF-YEG-YYC-YYZ
                  Jan 7th YYZ-YEG-YZF

TBC Jan 14th YZF-YEG-YOW
                  TBC Jan 17th YOW-YEG-YZF

Jan 23rd YZF-YEG-YOW-YHZ-YQX
                  Jan 27th YQX-YYT-YYZ-FRA-BUD
                  Feb 13th LBJ-FRA-YYZ-YOW
                  Feb 17th YOW-YEG
                  Feb 18th YEG-YZF

Comment

AFAIK the 330's are starting to get the new paint before the end of the year.
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMatt
                      This is good news for AC.. getting the new Boeings will allow them to expand to more destinations, many of which will be great distances away from Canada. Wonder if they still will have their original deliverly slots though??

I guess this also means we probably won't be seeing any of the A330's getting painted in the new colours.
                      Yes it is indeed a good news. Just wait till another disagreements appear again. Lol. Getting those can expand them further yes, but I kinda doubt those A330's will be returned to lessors , I think they will keep them for a couple of years till they attempting to convert the widebody fleet into B aircrafts !!
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

AC has also placed an order for 100 of these also:

Haha - No ETOPS problems, no pilot retraining, and when they're reired from the fleet, they make great pets!
                        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
                          AC has also placed an order for 100 of these also:
                          Looking good! I'm always in favour of more environmental solutions

Comment

Haha - No ETOPS problems, no pilot retraining, and when they're reired from the fleet, they make great pets!
                            Cept that that thing has more square footage on its wings that I have in my house.
                            THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                            Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                            George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Though I would be a bit worried about possible lav dumpings coming out of this bird .

Comment

Working...
                              X