Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southwest's Next Schedule?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Southwest's Next Schedule?

    For the love of God someone please tell me when the next Southwest schedule change to include April is!

    Thanks! lol

  • #2
    Normally airlines change schedules every 6 months with the change in Summer Time back to GMT.

    I would expect an April schedule to be announced perhaps a month before it is incorporated.

    Comment


    • #3
      I might be wrong, but would this belong in the Aviation forum a bit better?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by screaming_emu
        I might be wrong, but would this belong in the Aviation forum a bit better?
        Definitely aviation discussion forum material.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

        -- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by screaming_emu
          I might be wrong, but would this belong in the Aviation forum a bit better?
          Thats what I thought when I saw this, I'm sure it belongs in there.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Myriad
            Normally airlines change schedules every 6 months with the change in Summer Time back to GMT.

            I would expect an April schedule to be announced perhaps a month before it is incorporated.
            are you joking? Easter is in April this year and they'll want to be taking advantage of the spring break/Easter break/Easter travel bookings.

            Southwest will be opening April booking within the next month.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stlgph
              are you joking? Easter is in April this year and they'll want to be taking advantage of the spring break/Easter break/Easter travel bookings.

              Southwest will be opening April booking within the next month.
              That is correct!
              ISP is my home airport! Its great! Lots of WN!

              Comment


              • #8
                Why does WN only open booking for a few months in advance, when most airlines let you book for like 10 months in advance?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Why does WN only open booking for a few months in advance, when most airlines let you book for like 10 months in advance?
                  Because airline scheduling can be like a poker game. WN chooses to keep their cards close. Since they have only ATA as an interline partner it allows them to see what other carriers are doing (or more importantly NOT doing) before exposing their schedule. Personally I think it's brilliant. It's not like you're going to get the best fares (normally) 10 months in advance with a legacy carrier. Most carriers will discount flights closer to the flight date if they're not selling well.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X