• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada 777s

Hey all,
    i was wandering if air canada were still getting there 777s

p.s sorry if the topic has been done

They said recently they would move forward...was just going to post on this topic myself...can anyone substantiate or expand on the info contained in this article?

http://www.flightinternational.com/A...+767+plan.html

Where would they find the 777's, how many do they need, etc? I didn't realize they were planning to lease additional 767's for 2006, but according to this they were.

Cheers.
    ________
    FERRARI 158 SPECIFICATIONS
    Aeroplan Elite / *A Gold

Next Flights:

Jan 6th YZF-YEG-YYC-YYZ
    Jan 7th YYZ-YEG-YZF

TBC Jan 14th YZF-YEG-YOW
    TBC Jan 17th YOW-YEG-YZF

Jan 23rd YZF-YEG-YOW-YHZ-YQX
    Jan 27th YQX-YYT-YYZ-FRA-BUD
    Feb 13th LBJ-FRA-YYZ-YOW
    Feb 17th YOW-YEG
    Feb 18th YEG-YZF

Comment

Originally posted by 777
      Hey all,

p.s sorry if the topic has been done
      Yeah they are continuing there Orders of 777 and 787 aircraft.
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 777
        Hey all,
        Yes, they are getting those 777's ..

This thread has been discussed.
        http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28442
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

And here's the official confirmation....

SEATTLE, Nov. 9, 2005 -- Air Canada today signed a contract with Boeing [NYSE: BA] to upgrade the airline's fleet with up to 36 Boeing 777s and 60 Boeing 787 Dreamliners. The conclusion of the order comes six months after the airline announced a widebody fleet renewal plan, subject to a number of conditions.

"We're extremely pleased to move forward with the renewal of Air Canada 's widebody fleet with these new Boeing airplanes," said Robert Milton, president and chief executive officer of ACE Aviation Holdings Inc., Air Canada 's parent company. "Our analysis of these aircraft confirmed overwhelmingly attractive economics; we estimate the fuel burn and maintenance cost savings alone on the 787 to be approximately 30 per cent versus the 767s they will replace. This is particularly important in the current high-fuel-price environment."

As with the previous agreement, announced in April, the new contract with Air Canada includes firm orders for 18 777s, plus purchase rights for 18 more, in a yet-to-be-determined mix of the 777 family's newest models: the 777-300ER, the 777-200LR Worldliner (the longest-range airplane in the world) and the newly announced 777 Freighter. Air Canada 's new 777 deliveries will begin in 2007.
          http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/...r_051109g.html
          Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

A340-500 to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
              A340-500 to stay?
              I doubt it very much. Since the 772LR gets more range and is more economical on fuel.
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
                A340-500 to stay?
                Nope. Eventually AC's widebody fleet will be just 777s and 787s. That's a ways off though. The A343s and A345s will be the first to go.

MPL

Comment

This also means that Boeing now has over 700 orders gross total. Only 11 to go, and the net total also breaks the 700 barrier .

Comment

Also, it appears GE will provide the engines for all the new a/c. This order combined with the AI order, has provided a very good recent couple of weeks for GE.

Air Canada has ordered from General Electric Co. more than $1 billion in GEnx and GE90 engines for its Boeing 787 and 777 extended range aircraft.

Its fleet of 14 Boeing 787 aircraft will have the GEnx engines, with options and purchase rights for up to 60 more. The engine order for the firm aircraft is valued at more than $400 million, with deliveries beginning in 2010.
                    http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/051110/1189272.html?.v=2
                    Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

The Globe and Mail reports today that the 1st delivery will be in March 2007.

There will be G.E. engines on AC acft for a long time as G.E. lent AC hundreds of millions of dollars to get AC out of bankruptcy.

Comment

[photoid=5941946]
                        Lookin good!

Comment

I think it looks great, but then again you would have to really try hard to get a T7 to look bad.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is a nice looking rig!

OT - Funny, I was listening to this song when I was reading and looking at the pic...now it's stuck in my head every time I see that plane....

Dale: Did they resolve the issue with the paint v weight?
                            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Hey Cam. Yes the paint is "lighter" (in weight). Seems it was the amount of sparkle that was the biggest problem (so I'm told).

The delivery of fin 731 is on 31March. It's an 0700 departure from BFI with an arrival in YUL at 14:30.The acft will be going to the hangar, not to the pax terminal.

Comment

Working...
                              X