emirates a340-600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emirates a340-600

hey guys, i was just reading that emirates has orders for 18 a346s, is this true

sorry if its old news

Originally posted by 777
    hey guys, i was just reading that emirates has orders for 18 a346s, is this true
    I cant seem to find links to verificate this. Where have you read this order ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I found the following entry on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates
      Emirates also has orders for 18 Airbus A340-600 aircraft...
      It just says below "Fleet".

Just not sure how reliable this stuff really is.

Comment

EK does indeed have an order for 18 A346s, but not just the ordinary version, but the A346HGW version, which should start be coming from late 2006 on, HOWEVER, in the time that has passed since EK placed that order, the 773ER has proven itself to be doing exactly what EK had ordered the A346HGW for, and EK is seriously contemplating dropping the A346 order and go with more orders for the 773ER.

Comment

Which would be a clever move. The 777-300ER is such a fine aircraft. Otherwise Emirates would order the 777 2 years after getting the A340-600HGW and would have to find a buyer for this unwanted Airbus product. Perhaps they could interest the French Goverment into purchasing the planes.

Just like Austrian Airlines did with their last A342.
          My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
          My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
          ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

EK might be looking to strike a deal with Airbus to replace their A346 order with a large A350 order.

Comment

sounds like a delicious deal...maybe EK could get around the A346 deal...good thinking Ghibli...

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Originally posted by aca_srbija
                sounds like a delicious deal...maybe EK could get around the A346 deal...
                I can agree to that. A350 and B777ER would be a great combination . But why are they going for the A350 instead, Is it because it has a larger capacity than the B787?
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The more seats the better for EK. I had a look into my flights from DXB-MEL from January 26 2006, and having difficulties to get a seat on either of their 2 flights they offer MEL. Nothing till mid Feb.

EK seem to be expanding fast, but so is QR and TK. Will EK need soo many planes that they have ordered. Isn't their wish list like 80 planes, or something like that?

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul
                    But why are they going for the A350 instead, Is it because it has a larger capacity than the B787?
                    Tim Clark of Emirates has often said that the 787 is too small for their needs. With the revised seat count and the possible -10 stretch, the EK A350 Order might not be a cinch yet.
                    adaequatio rei et intellectus

Comment

Working...
                    X