X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 goes on diet

A little over its target weight.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._boeing17.html

Not the first one, and probably not the last ... Many well-known types got overweight while development was proceeding ...
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
      Not the first one, and probably not the last ... Many well-known types got overweight while development was proceeding ...
      Alain
      ...as for example the A380.

Comment

And for exemple, most other Boeings and the CV990 Coronado, just to name a few more .....
        Thanks for visiting
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

In this case thought, an overweight aircraft could be disasterous(sp?). Boeing makreted the 787 for feul economy and to ahve this problem, which could affect the economic operations of the aircraft will be horrible for Boeing and the operators of the type.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

This time, Boeing gets the credit of taking life by the horns by adressing the problems while the projects is still on the blue prints. Looks some smart people reminded everybody involved of the calculations mishaps associated to the 747 in 1966/69 not to mention Convair's misadventure with the 990 !!! In both cases for instance, the aircrafts just underperformed !!!
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

This news is not that new, in fact it has been known already for several weeks that the 787 was overweight, and that Boeing is actively reducing that weight.

Comment

Actually, at this point, I am amazed at how small the number of pounds over is.
                THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                  Actually, at this point, I am amazed at how small the number of pounds over is.
                  I'll agree with you on that! That is like 1/100 off of what the difference between the 380 projected weight was supposed to be!

Comment

Think it needs to lay off the Buds for a while down the local
                    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Originally posted by bapilot2b
                      Think it needs to lay off the Buds for a while down the local
                      That and the Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Yummmmm.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                      X