Ac Yyc-jfk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac Yyc-jfk?

The calgary airports website is stating that AC will launch new service between YYC-JFK effective March 1/06.A little odd when you consider the carrier was to launch YYC-EWR on Dec 1/05.Whats going on here?
    Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

There are no Air Canada services planned for YYC-JFK (as per the sked).

Comment

I think the website was mistaken and detailed YYC-EWR incorrectly.
      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Why does AC fly their NYC-YVR flight out of JFK then. Would it not make sence to consolidate this sole op with the others in EWR?? Once upon a time I believe all AC flights went to JFK as LGA had/has no US Customs and when pre clearance started they abandoned their JFK ops, until recently. Did they not also built Terminal 7 with BOAC way back when???

Comment

My question is simple here, why hasn't AC started YYC-PHL service? PHL (as most of you know) is a star alliance hub, about an 1 hour from NYC as well. This would be a amazing place for Calgarians to connect to the NE.

Comment

Air Canada moved its JFK flights because they were largely feeders to other international carriers and by carrying pax to JFK and letting them travel overseas on other carriers they were bleeding pax off AC services to Europe. The JFK-YVR flight is there for two reasons, 1) slots in LGA and 2) the JFK-YVR service feeds the cruise ships and feeds AC's flights to the Orient. We receive international connections into JFK and then onto our flight to YVR.

LGA airport is closer to downtown and the majority of pax heading to New York are business people.

As per the PHL question, PHL is a tough airport to operate in and it is plagued with ground delay programmes (more than LGA and EWR) and AC does not have a large presence there at this time (handled by UA).

Comment

Working...
            X