bmi to Get A330-300!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
    There a good aircraft,just im not sure they should of done long-haul for BMI
    Look at how succesful American are on the Boston route, They use 757's.

Comment

If 757 didnt have estop like CO flew to Europe from US

Comment

Ok, maybe there is something that I do not know, but why is it that BMI won't just purchase their own aircraft? I mean, with the sheer disregard for fleet commonolity, I can't understand why they just don't settle on a type that is readily available and stick with it. I mean, they love the A332s, why not just commit to the type and make an order for 4-6 planes? Is money an issue?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
          Ok, maybe there is something that I do not know, but why is it that BMI won't just purchase their own aircraft? I mean, with the sheer disregard for fleet commonolity, I can't understand why they just don't settle on a type that is readily available and stick with it. I mean, they love the A332s, why not just commit to the type and make an order for 4-6 planes? Is money an issue?
          They're talking to both Airbus and Boeing for new long haul equipment
          DTVAirport

Comment

What i think pissed off allot of BMI's business passengers with the '75 was that they had booked to fly on BMI's (very good) business class service. And they end up on a 757 doing an 8+ hour flight in Iceland air config. To me you have to ask yourself what BMI thought they were going to achieve when using an aircraft/config like this? AA could do themselfves a favour and upgrade the 757 they are using on the MAN-BOS run to a 762 and offer a real transatlantic service. From what ive heard the service is pretty much always full. Im not quite sure what BMI think they are doing with there routing structure/network (or lack of it) and fleet commonolity (again or lack of it). I will honestly be suprised if they make it through the next few years withought some drastic rethinking.

Comment

I heard that load factors were down when the 757 was on the IAD route as passengers felt that the aircraft was not worth taking for 8 hours. There was also no Premium economy cabin either. It would be great if United pick up the route- possibly with a 767.

The trouble is BMI are trying to be another BA where LHR is the centre of the universe- well they not only can they not compete with BA in terms of long haul (hmm 3x 332s compared to god knows how many 777s and 747s) but also they are trying to operate routes with high O&D figures that either there is lots of competition (BOM- 3 other airlines operate the route with larger a/c) or to Saudi Arabia which could be good for oil tycoons but if BA couldnt make the routes i often wonder whether BMI will. The new DOH service is a little strange as QR already has a couple of daily services out of LHR so im not sure whether this route will do BMI any favours.

I do think that BMI are being rather niave in terms on MAN- we got the 757 but at least this leased 767 will be used for the Saudi routes (Jeddah and Riyadh).

What happened to BMI's 4th 332 (emirates A6-EAS)- it has gone very quiet!!!
              Squeaky
              "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
              EMA-PRG Easyjet
              PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Working...
              X