Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop vs jet

Greetings

How does taking off in a prop (say a dash compare to take off in a jet in regards to the feeling of being pushed back into your seat?

Is there much of a difference?

Many thanks
    BN

If you're in a Dash8... HOLD ON!!! The DASH has SOO much power!!

[photoid=5649384]

Comment

Actually... remarkably some prop's have a crap load of "oooomphf" on takeoff. The Dash 8 throws you back in your seat, as does the B1900. Almost any jet will too. Unless its fully loaded lol.
      Ryan Davis
      Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
      www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Dont forget the Cessna 208. That thing has some power. Also, these Pipers that provide airline service here do too. AS 734s departing JNU have some serious power.
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I perfer Jet over props because jets can go farther than props. 773 had a lot of power.

Comment

The Bandit also can push you back into the seat, basically the same power as a as a good old Twotter, but lighter and above all more streamlined.
            A jet that won't throw you on your seat back is definitely the Airbus A340-300.
            Otherwise, almost any airliner with max playload and fuel and due for some hight temp taking off roll behaves more like a flatiron than a sprightly runner ...
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

From my experiences with the SAAB 340, it is a turboprop that won't push you back in your seat on takeoff.
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

With the Dash 8, you have to really strap in! From flying on Tobago Express flights between POS and TAB and vice versa, and most of those flights in the early morning are empty, you get quite a kick.
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Props tend to vibrate a lot more than jets. Impressive take offs-how about a Buffalo doing a STOL , also a Hercules is pretty impressive as well given each engine in the H produces more than 4500 hp. As for piston engined aircraft, the most impressive on i have been in to date is a DC3

Comment

other good wild beasts which impressed me are
                    -the Convair 580
                    -the Lockheed Electra
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                      other good wild beasts which impressed me are
                      -the Convair 580
                      -the Lockheed Electra
                      Alain
                      The other thing that always impressed me with the Convair 580 was the sounds when flying in one.

Although I have flown in a number of different turboprop types, the Convair 580 remains my favorite!!!

LONG LIVE THE MOUNTAIN MASTER!!!!
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

The music of the Allison power plants, which sound sharper than when airing from either an Electra or an Herk, probably because they are only two. They altogether get more room for airing their music.
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
                          From my experiences with the SAAB 340, it is a turboprop that won't push you back in your seat on takeoff.
                          I notice that myself thinking back on it.

Comment

Most memorable was a short take off in a C130 Hurc from Rooikop AFB - we did the short landing at Waterkloof AFB a few hours later.
                            RobB

Comment

A Dash-8 compared to a 757.A dash sets off QUICK! and sets you back into your seat as a 757 slowly gathers speed.So a Dash is stronger

Comment

Working...
                              X