"Who moved the runway" !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who moved the runway" !!!!

While moseying around FALA last Saturday, lo and behold I was in position to snap up this incident........

RobB

*He laughs too hard, he can't say a word.
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

I wonder how that happened...
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hahahha

Comment

Sorry, I missed the humor. Why is this plane crash funny? Hopefully no one was hurt.

Mike
            Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
            lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
              Sorry, I missed the humor...
              You and me both.

It's really sad how far the quality of the posts on this (and every other aviation forum I visit) has fallen off in recent years as more and more kiddies have gotten access to the internet.
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I'm sorry you two guys feel that way. Althought there are many arguments and rather pointless posts, I have never had a question or post on this site that wasn't answered satisfactorily. It's not bad for a free forum, not bad at all. I am proud to be a member of this online aviation community. Maybe it is just because I didn't know the jp.net of a few years past. I'm not sure, but I like JP and plan to be a member for a long time to come.
                Cheers,
                A.M. Stecker

Comment

Plane crash ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                    You and me both.

It's really sad how far the quality of the posts on this (and every other aviation forum I visit) has fallen off in recent years as more and more kiddies have gotten access to the internet.
                    Agreed...we haven't heard from Aerpix or any of those guys who were around when I joined! Well, maybe the obvious few

How did that happen? The weather doesn't look particularly terrble; was there a prbblem with the aircraft?

Comment

There's a very good chance I'm wrong but to me this looks like an illusion where the planes gear is down and is on a runway that is behind the hill, it just looks like it is on its belly. The dust in the back appears to be blown up as the plane advances the throttles for take-off. As I said though thats just how my eyes see it, the photographer can hopefully tell us the true story.

If this is an actual incident then I also hope that everyone was okay and all turned out well. I'd also like to ask certain people where the humor is in that?

Dave

Comment

Hmm, since the topic title suggested otherwise, the thought didn't even cross my mind. But now that I look at it, you could be right. However, the dust seems seems to suggest a coarse landing.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                          Hmm, since the topic title suggested otherwise, the thought didn't even cross my mind. But now that I look at it, you could be right. However, the dust seems seems to suggest a coarse landing.
                          I thought that too, but then again, it could just be a reaction to the jetblast. I mean, if it were a dry day then the earth would not be that hard to just pick up and fly. So, I think that all in all it could be an illusion.
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I'm just gonna throw this one out here maybe I'm wrong but there's absolutely no way that's a crash. Often times after a runway has work done and is closed for a period of time, a layer of dust accumulates and the first aircraft to use that runway later kicks off all the dust. It appears very much like the photo. Add to that the fact that the runway is behind a hill and this is the illusion you get.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                              I'm just gonna throw this one out here maybe I'm wrong but there's absolutely no way that's a crash. Often times after a runway has work done and is closed for a period of time, a layer of dust accumulates and the first aircraft to use that runway later kicks off all the dust. It appears very much like the photo. Add to that the fact that the runway is behind a hill and this is the illusion you get.

Thats what I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X