ACARS/Flight Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACARS/Flight Tracking

Does anyone have ACARS and could you let me know if it is good and what you use? Also, is there a way to look up AC reg#s and their flights. Finally, does anyone have access to some database that will allow me to view flight (aircraft) routings for the next few days (or just same day, anything really is prefect) by AC reg#?

This site might help a bit

Comment

You dont ACARS. You need this http://www.hamradio.co.uk/sbs-1.shtml

If you need any screensshots let me know
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I have ACARS it's ok,but your limited to only a few airports

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
          I have ACARS it's ok,but your limited to only a few airports
          No your not...

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
            No your not...
            Well theres not hundreds...

Comment

I run acars and its fine for me around 800-900 flights a day. OK you miss a few as some airlines don't run ACARS. As I live close to LHR I get uplink and downlinks so its useful, however SBS-1 may yield more as you can track the flights in real time, ACARS does track if you recieve the aircraft position reports but thats not often. SBS-1 is about 500 quid, my acars was as good as free as I just hooked up my scanner to the PC and downloaded the software.
              If you see LHR/LTN/LGW ACARS or London ACARS when your on JACARS thats my server
              for example today from about 8am to now (20:30)
              Flights: 822
              Registrations: 559
              2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

A not very busy Saturday evening

Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Shaggy stop showing them screenshots your making me want to rob £500 from somewhere and buy it!

Comment

Oi Sam you'll give us Manc's a bad name then again.... thats City fans for ya!!!
                    2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
                      Oi Sam you'll give us Manc's a bad name then again.... thats City fans for ya!!!
                      Sorry *runs off and hides in a corner*

Comment

Working...
                      X