Amazing landing video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing landing video!

This was posted over on Airliners.net and I thought was worth sharing.

It's a video taken from an MEA A321 on approach to Beirut's runway 16:
    February 17th 2006, around 17:30 local time, MEA's flight from Frankfurt coming to an end. Final approach: from deploying flaps till landing !! Beautiful Bei...

It really shows what an amazing and beautiful approach it is!
    Lebanon - The Land of Milk & Honey
    Home to the Magestic Cedars
    Beirut, Lebanon - Paris of the Middle East
    Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Lebanon's Ambassador to the World
    Like No Other

Nice views on the approach, thanks for sharing.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Looks like just about any other post apocalyptic city in the middle east, no more , no less.

Comment

Nice reel, nice travelling over Beirut, too bad the weather was not exactly on the reporter's side.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
          Looks like just about any other post apocalyptic city in the middle east, no more , no less.
          I am puzzled at how you have reached this very ignorant conclusion.

Like No Other

Comment

Please no offence but these Beirut/Lebanon promo sessions are getting off putting, as if we dont get enough of it at a.net, you Lebanese guys really need to get over this weird fascination with your country and its airline.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
              Please no Beirut/Lebanon promo session here too, as if we dont get enough of it at a.net, you Lebanese guys really need to get over this weird fascination with your country and its airline, they're nice but not anything special, every post you guys do you make it seem like its the ultimate place with the ultimate airline, seems like the country's tourism department is paying you to do promo's, honestly speaking its very off putting, I know I could have ignored this threrad as a similar one exists at a.net but I had to let you know since I dont post there.
              Your post was very childish and of poor taste my friend.

If you don't like a post, the solution is to simply not view them and reply in them.

There is no Beirut/Lebanon promo session here. I am refuting a person's claim that Beirut looks like "any post-apocalyptic city," when this is far from the case.

Nobody is claiming Lebanon is the ultimate country and that MEA is the ultimate airline.

Nobody is paying us to promote anything. This is an aviation forum much like Airliners.net has an aviation forum and people post topics related to aviation. There are a number of topics related to aviation in Lebanon, so what? People are free to post whatever aviation-related topics they want. For your information, there are quite a number of Lebanese members on Airliners.net, which explains why there are threads related to MEA and Lebanon and no, they are not "tourist promotions" like you claim. They are aviation enthusiast threads just like any other thread found on Airliners.net.

You could have ignored this thread and I frankly have to say, you should have ignored this thread.

Again, if it's a topic that doesn't interest you, the solution is to simply not read it. Nobody is forcing you to view this thread.

Seriously, grow up my friend. I'm glad you aren't on Airliners.net...
              Like No Other

Comment

Sorry you got offended, I would have ignored this thread had I been able to post at a.net, but since you posted this here I found it irresistable to let you know, and I too am glad I'm not at a.net.

Many other people have also commented on your posts in the past on the same matter, nothing childish in giving my opinion too, its childish the way you start flooding your posts with photos and history of your country(a beautiful one without doubt) when anyone says anything against it, if it aint promoting the place it then I dont know what is.

And to think I edited my earlier post to come across more politely.

Comment

Sorry you got offended, I would have ignored this thread had I been able to post at a.net, but since you posted this here I fopudn it irresistable to let you know, and I too am glad I'm not at a.net.

Many other people have also commented on your posts in the past on the same matter, nothing childish in giving my opinion too, its childish the way you start flooding your posts with photos and history of your country(a beautiful one without doubt) when anyone says anything against it, if it aint promoting the place it then I dont know what is.
                  I didn't get offended my friend. I just thought it was quite childish of you to post in a thread telling people they are "making too many posts" about Lebanon and MEA, when the simple and mature solution, is to just ignore them.

You made 3 threads about PIA on this forum in March, did you see me or anyone else reply saying you are obsessed with PIA and should stop? No, on the contrary LUNN, I actually find your threads very informative on here, and I do read them.

Also, I fail to remember any thread on Airliners.net that Lebanese members have made that have been "flooded" with photos. Some photos are included in threads when they are relevant to the discussion at hand and I fail to see how that is a "tourist promo." People like pictures and if you can include pictures that are relevant to a specific discussion going on, it makes the discussion more enjoyable and more informative.

It's more enjoyable then just a bunch of text.

By the way, I am making the assumption you are talking about threads on Airliners.net, because I very rarely post here on JetPhotos...
                  Like No Other

Comment

The fact that you went into archives to check on my previous posts and throw it in my face shows who's childish and imature here, I'm not obessed with PIA at all just did those threads as news worthy information came up that was not showing at other forums and I check most before posting, besides I never saidd you do too may posts on your beloved country and its airlien just that thae fact you people stuff promo's for Beirut/Lebanon rather than just sticking to the subject matter "aviation" without going poff topic with subliminal messages(that work by the way as I honestly plan to visit Beirut now) is whats annoying, but as you can see it working.

Comment

On a nicer note. I believe they call Beirut, "Paris of the Middle East"..

Comment

The fact that you went into archives to check on my previous posts and throw it in my face shows who's childish and imature here, I'm not obessed with PIA at all just did those threads as news worthy information came up that was not showing at other forums and I check most before posting, besides I never saidd you do too may posts on your beloved country and its airlien just that thae fact you people stuff promo's for Beirut/Lebanon rather than just sticking to the subject matter "aviation" without going poff topic with subliminal messages(that work by the way as I honestly plan to visit Beirut now) is whats annoying, but as you can see it working.
                        Actually, I didn't go into the archive my friend, give me a break. I remember them because I read them.

While I may not post here much, I do browse the forums almost daily.

I actually have many Pakistani friends here in the US and they always talk to me about PIA (and their experiences), so naturally, a slight interest in PIA has been developed which is why I read your threads (which were quite interesting an informative, I enjoyed them).

PIA being the first airline to put 777-200LRs into the service, naturally makes it an airline of particular interest to many, including myself.

We're not the ones who go off on promoting Beirut, but naturally, sometimes the threads deviate into a discussion about Beirut as a destination as is apparant with the Beirut landing video thread on Airliners.net.

Well I'm glad you are planning to visit Beirut, but I and others are not intentionally deviating the threads into a "Go visit Beirut!" tourist promotion. Some discussions just happen to deviate into a discussion about Beirut itself because some people are curious about it.

Originally posted by ptbodale
                        That's correct. This was what they called it before the civil war and it is slowly regaining that status.
                        Like No Other

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                          Used to be until Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and every other terrorist organization setup shop and started a jihad for hire in Lebanon.

BTW everyone needs to stop copying everything you see on a.net and posting it over to here.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
                            Used to be until Islamic Jihad, Hamas, and every other terrorist organization setup shop and started a jihad for hire in Lebanon.

BTW everyone needs to stop copying everything you see on a.net and posting it over to here.

kcmh,

“Beirut, a once dangerous, war-torn city is now relatively safe, cosmopolitan and booming. Two decades ago, foreign correspondents fled Lebanon in fear of their lives; now they are flocking back, setting up homes and regional bureaus as the city reclaims its reputation as the ‘Paris of the Middle East.’"

The civil war has been over for 16 years. More than 1 million tourists come visit Lebanon each year, including many Europeans and Americans.

The picture that you posted is the equivalent of me posting a picture of the Reichstag in Berlin right after World War II as a way to describe modern day Germany.

A totally unfair comparison.

Take a look at this article:
                            Like No Other

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmm

Just last year!

I won't be one of those 1 million tourist! "Visiting" yearly.

Comment

Working...
                              X