X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st 737-900ER gets wings, gear

From Boeing intranet:

Wings, landing gear joined to 1st 737-900ER

The wings and landing gear of the first 737-900ER (Extended Range) were joined to its fuselage Tuesday night in Renton, Wash. Last-stage assembly and interiors installation will begin Thursday, when the airplane joins the moving assembly line. The 737-900ER incorporates an extra pair of exit doors, a flat aft pressure bulkhead and other structural and aerodynamic changes that allow it to carry up to 215 passengers and fly up to 3,200 nautical miles (5,900 kilometers). The newest member of the 737 family is scheduled to be delivered in 2007 to Indonesia's Lion Air.

I dont know with you guys but I still dont understand and its unbelievable that the ER version can carry 215 pax. Maybe a little crampy in that configuration but nonetheless amazing indeed.. Do you know who else ordered the ER version ?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Good to see the 739ER progress. As far as other customers, one of the many UK carriers has ordered the 739ER, though I'm not sure which one it was (one which has 738s already).

Comment

Of course we know SWA is very interested in this version too but with the 787 aspects if I am correct in thinking this.
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Highly doubtful you'll see WN with a 900, it throws off their entire cabine crew structure and would mean higher operatining costs. Gary Kelly has said time and time again their future is with the 700. If anything the 800 would come online before the 900.

Comment

Final assembly begins for 737-900ER

The fuselage of the first 737-900ER rolled into the Renton, Wash., factory Friday, marking the start of final assembly. Electrical and hydraulic systems are being installed this week. Once final assembly is complete, the airplane will be equipped with flight test instruments before embarking on a five-month flight test program. The 737's newest derivative airplane has higher seating capacity and more range than the 737-900, making it the most economical single-aisle airplane in its class. The jet, destined for Indonesia-based launch customer Lion Air, will be the centerpiece of a rollout ceremony for employees later this summer.

Photo caption - The fuselage of the first 737-900ER loads into the Systems Installation tool jig at the Renton, Wash., factory. (Ed Turner photo)

Awesome... What is thatkind of coating they have during the assembly The dark green fuselage coat there.. Is it protective to anything , whats its main purpose ...?
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
              Highly doubtful you'll see WN with a 900, it throws off their entire cabine crew structure and would mean higher operatining costs. Gary Kelly has said time and time again their future is with the 700. If anything the 800 would come online before the 900.
              I also doubt WN will ever fly the 900 for similar reasons.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Wn 900

right-on Crunk----K-mart will never fly the -900 because when they pull their usual mechanicals on sunday mornings.......they'd hafta send 2 planes for the crowd going home on any particular flight................even the -800 is not an a/c Kmart would use...I feel.

Alien

VERBAL....when will this jet be on the ramp....? Any clues?

Alien

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                  Never say never...

When WN goes international, the demand may warrant larger aircraft. And those planes could be delivered with ETOPS certification. Back when WN was romored to be looking at ATA's -800s it was been said WN could add extra flight attendants to a route with minimal effort. That's hardly an obstacle.

And who commented about crampness? If the seat pitch is the same, what makes this any more cramped than any other 737, or 757 for that matter.?
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by SJC Alien
                    VERBAL....when will this jet be on the ramp....? Any clues?
                    Sometime the second or third week of June, I'd expect. More importantly, a formal rollout ceremony on or about 6 Aug.

Originally posted by MaxPower
                    What is thatkind of coating they have during the assembly The dark green fuselage coat there.. Is it protective to anything , whats its main purpose ...?
                    Yes, it is a protective primer coating.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      Never say never...

When WN goes international, the demand may warrant larger aircraft.
                      I may be wrong, but I think it will be several more years before WN goes international. They still see many potential future routes and new cities within the US that they will go after before they go international. They also have ATA to handle the international service for a while longer.
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Indian LCC Spicejet, which currently operates a fleet of Boeing 737-800's including 4 with winglets, has ordered 20 units of the 737-900ER. It will also be configured in an all economy layout and is meant on use on Spice' metro routes.
                        Luv

C O U G A R
                        http://www.cougar-rides.com
                        Live to Ride - Ride to Live

Comment

Working...
                        X