Engine Fire At LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptbodale
    They would cut the wings and the tail off.

It looks repairable though.
    How will they repair the scorched part of the fuselage, cut it off ? Wing is screwed up from the explosion, what do you think is the most economical thing to do here if you were AA....?
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-09-13, 17:53.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Yes, remove the burned areas and replace. We have sheet metal (and composites) people at AC that work wonders. It would be cheaper to repair (in my opinion) than to scrap (I don't know the age of the acft or the number of cycles it has been through or when the major checks are due).

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
        Yes, remove the burned areas and replace. We have sheet metal (and composites) people at AC that work wonders. It would be cheaper to repair (in my opinion) than to scrap (I don't know the age of the acft or the number of cycles it has been through or when the major checks are due).
        Seems plausible enough, that if AA would wanted to keep this one at service. But according to the photo's photographer, works for AA, said that this one is all done. Kaput. Btw the age of the acft is 18 yo. but the number of cycles of the major checks Im not familiar with.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
        X