No announcement yet.

Is this takeoff a bit out of the norm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this takeoff a bit out of the norm?

Photo ID: 5752897 I truly felt this was an extraordinary takeoff, with the 747's nosewheel and wing so far up on the one side. But another enthusiast I know disagreed, saying this is not out of the ordinary. And pros out there who can give a better idea?
    Witness the miracle of flight.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

[photoid=5752897]

Comment

Probably a nasty crosswind. And look what do you know in the comments it says there was.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Actually this is the first time I have seen this too. It is like it says on the remarks box on that image. "Interesting." There must have been massive crosswind to affect the plane like that.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I believe taht's what happens when the pane starts to rotate and cathces a crosswind. as you can see it is kinda 'curved' to the left. i guess the pic was taken at the moment when it was rotating but the gear was still on the ground.
          lovely shot

Comment

I know in smaller planes you are supposed to turn the ailerons into the wind on a crosswind takeoff. I'm not sure if that's what's going on here or it was something unintentional.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              I know in smaller planes you are supposed to turn the ailerons into the wind on a crosswind takeoff. I'm not sure if that's what's going on here or it was something unintentional.
              Well atleast he would try to balance the aircraft in situations like this.

Comment

You use the same technique with an airliner as you do with a Cessna, Piper, etc on a crosswind takeoff.

Only difference is with an airplane that has spoilerons, you have to make sure you're not using too much aileron since you're also dragging a spoiler out there which is decreasing the amount of lift the wing is making.
                Bite me Airways.....

Comment

This makes up for an interesting picture. Otherwise, crosswind takeoffs may be pretty common in some areas.
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

...and I'll bet a few Gin and Tonics wound up in a few laps during that takeoff !!
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

They don't do drink service on the ground.

Comment

Xwind

...............Look at the rudder.

Comment

It may be exaggerated a little bit by the unlevel horizon in the picture. I'm not bashing the picture though, it's still good.

Comment

They don't do drink service on the ground.
                            They bloody well do when I'm flying.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

It may be exaggerated a little bit by the unlevel horizon in the picture. I'm not bashing the picture though, it's still good.
                              Does the horison really counts ? Check the distance to the ground at engine 2 and engine 3, You can clearly see how much clearance it got there.

Comment

Working...
                              X