AC 87 Rtn to YYZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC 87 Rtn to YYZ?

Flt enrte YYZ-Pudong did a U turn in the area of YYB and appears to be returning to YYZ ? Medical, mechanical? Would it not be kind of heavy to land immediately?

Maybe they dumped the fuel over the city.

Comment

If necessary that would have been done well north of TO.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
        If necessary that would have been done well north of TO.
        Well, CYYB is well north of CYYZ....

Comment

I think I had that part figured out!!! Maybe that is what they call it North Bay!!!

Comment

AC087 returned to YYZ on the 15th because of an engine bleed problem. It became a no-go for northern/polar ops. The acft did not dump fuel. It landed in YYZ about 70 tonnes overweight.

There was an acft change and a crew change and it re-departed 5H15 late.

Comment

Thanks Dale. I was looking for Air Traffic in this area and lo and behold I spotted AC 87 turning around U turn style.

Are they any consequences of landing overweight like that? I can imagine spewing 6000 miles worth of raw jet juel over Ontario would not be too popular from an environmental perspective.

I also think back to the SwissAir 111 crash when the pilots might have made a beeline straight for YHZ and landed overweight.

Originally posted by HS-TGY
              Maybe they dumped the fuel over the city.
              OMG not over Toronto the good!!! After all this is the city that pays to dump their garbage in Michigan, 150 truck loads a day. I hardly think they would want that fuel dumped on them!

Comment

Before getting to Dale's post, I was betting on some first officer/captain illness
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Once the acft arrived back in YYZ the MTC people had to do an "overweight" landing check. Depending on whether the Capt greased it on or decided to make a hole in the runway that determines how fast the check can be completed. MTC was out at the runway and watched the landing. The check is is standard and must be completed regardless of how well it landed.

The A340 does not dump fuel. The acft was not fitted with dump valves.

Comment

Working...
                  X