Amisha uses threats to get upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amisha uses threats to get upgrade!

MUMBAI (Reuters) - An employee of state-run Air-India has complained to police that a Bollywood actress abused and threatened her for refusing to upgrade a friend on a flight, an airline spokesman and a newspaper said on Saturday.

Amisha Patel, who starred in one of Bollywood's biggest box office hits, "Gadar" (Mutiny) in 2001, was upset after the airline employee refused to upgrade her friend to first class on a flight to the United States on Friday, they said.

Patel, known for playing the mushy girlfriend in romantic potboilers, allegedly used foul language and threatened to have the employee sacked, they said.

"We have ordered an internal inquiry to find out what happened. But what appears now is that the passenger was at fault," said Air-India spokesman S. Venkat.

"A police complaint has been lodged by the employee."

Patel's friend was later upgraded to first class even though she was not entitled to it and the two boarded the flight, the Times of India daily said.

Patel could not be reached for comment.

She told the Times of India that she was shocked to hear about the complaint and that it had been done by the airline staff to save themselves.

"In fact, we were planning to file a complaint against them for rude behavior," she was quoted as saying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060819/...d_upgrade_dc_1
    Ok, well that is really unexpected. I would not have expected that from her. But, then again, I think she is a nutjob if she really did this. Haha, she is just another Snoop-Dog and this is her British Airways man!!!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Patel's friend was later upgraded to first class even though she was not entitled to it and the two boarded the flight, the Times of India daily said.
    Why did her friend got upgraded although she (the friend) wasnt entitled to this upgrade ? The Employee should have been tougher and kicked Patel in the face.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Amisha who? Wannabe-celebrity already with an ego the size of a real Hollywood actor .

Comment

Re:

If I were that employee, I would've banned both of them from the flight. Told her to go take a hike or something. But hey, it's AI we're talking about, sucker for Bollywood.

Foxtrot

Comment

Who is Amisha? Never heard of her.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Amisha?

*tumbleweed*

Not heard of her either.

Comment

Patel is an actress ? who thinks just because she's famous now, she thinks she can do whatever she wants, (upgrade my friend, will ya) .. If only I was that employee-.... If ONLY......
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
              X