Cathay Pacific to increase Vancouver to 17/weekly for September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific to increase Vancouver to 17/weekly for September

Starting Aug 30 until the end of September, Cathay Pacific will operate 3 extra flights per week between HongKong and Vancouver. The flight numbers are CX2868/2869, indicating that they are not permanent flights. These flights will be operated using A340-300 aircraft. During the period, CX's HKG-YVR service will be effectively increased to 17 weekly, with 7/weekly using 747-400 and 10/weekly using A340-300.
    Next:
    None Planned

Why are they increasing their flights for a short period of time?

The only reason i could think of is its the end of summer and lots of people are going home..
    -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
      Why are they increasing their flights for a short period of time?

The only reason i could think of is its the end of summer and lots of people are going home..
      Don't know why. I originally thought that would be the case since thousands of Canadian HongKongese teens will be returning to Canada after spending their summer holidays in HongKong. But then the flight starts on Aug 30 and run all the way until Sep 30. School in Canada starts on Sep 6 this year. Some students may elect to skip one week of school but I don't think any students would extend their summer holiday to the end of September. So not sure why extra flights between Sep 15 and Sep 30.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Working...
      X