YVR Security Breach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YVR Security Breach

Just heard Vancouver Int'l has been shut down, flights are landing but people not being allowed off the planes.

Which section, US or domestic? When "breaches" happen isn't it usually where everyone has to be re-screened who is going someplace, not kept on the planes after arrival?

Comment

^^^That's the departure airport's responsible to do that, and the arrival airport's job to detain the passengers if they got something from the departure airport, Maybe if theey found something after the flight has occured, and they notified YVR ?? ......Just a thought, thats all !
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

It was the domestic area. AC has to land to flights because of the security breach and have the pax rescreened.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          It was the domestic area. AC has to land to flights because of the security breach and have the pax rescreened.
          Any idea exactly what happened?

I know one time I almost walked out of security at YVR with my camera bag, when they were planning to swab it because they were slow and didn't tell me. They realized before I got too far though, and called me back. This was in the US terminal though.

Comment

Sounds like something very serious, no one has any more information on this? A security breach can be any number of things. Surprisingly, I haven't seen it on the news.

Originally posted by MaxPower
            ^^^That's the departure airport's responsible to do that, and the arrival airport's job to detain the passengers if they got something from the departure airport, Maybe if theey found something after the flight has occured, and they notified YVR ?? ......Just a thought, thats all !
            Mastadon.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

What happened was the screeners messed up. Long after the pax had been screened and the flights had left an "image" came up on the screen. They thought the image showed a "dangerous item". They raised the alarm but the flights were airborne. Two AC A321's had to divert to YWG and an A330 was held in YYZ on arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                What happened was the screeners messed up. Long after the pax had been screened and the flights had left an "image" came up on the screen. They thought the image showed a "dangerous item". They raised the alarm but the flights were airborne. Two AC A321's had to divert to YWG and an A330 was held in YYZ on arrival.
                Thats pretty bad, but not surprising. TSA is pretty much the same, people have gotten guns past them.
                And why did the image come up after the people had gone already?

Comment

Nobody knows why the machine regurgitated the picture. It came up and it was enough to raise suspicion.

Comment

Working...
                  X