Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Hungry MAN...

Hey all.
    Manchester Airport is changing the way passengers are picked-up from its three terminals.

From 01 November 2006, people collecting passengers on flights using Terminal 1 will be directed into the short-stay car park, and will no longer be able to collect from outside the terminal building.

Charges for parking in the short stay car parks for less than 30 minutes will be reduced by more than 20% from £2.30 to £1.80. The ten minutes of free parking in the Terminal 1 arrivals car park will no longer be available.

The new system will be implemented at Terminal 3 in December and Terminal 2 in January 2007.

The new procedure enforces the existing road regulations and bylaws of the ‘no waiting’ zones outside the three terminals. Only authorised operational vehicles and permit holders will be allowed into the lanes in close proximity to the terminal buildings.

There are no changes to the procedure for the drop-off of passengers.

Andy Cliffe, car parks commercial director at Manchester Airport, said: “There are restrictions that prevent people from waiting outside the terminal buildings. For safety and security reasons we have decided to enforce these procedures more rigorously to improve traffic flow and reduce the chance of road accidents.”

A new team of customer service staff will be on-hand to assist drivers as the procedures are introduced. Signage around the airport will be updated to ensure passengers are clearly directed to where they need to be.

I personally think this is just pure greed, and is wrong in my opinion...I attached a poll to see what you think

Sam
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

Think of it as payment for all of the free entertainment at the spotter's park at MAN.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

They can charge what they want. If your going on holiday your not going to park your car miles down the road. Paying for parking the the least of your worries.

Comment

No, the viewing park charge too

I think its cheeky that they are charging people who are only picking up...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
          Think of it as payment for all of the free entertainment at the spotter's park at MAN.
          You're joking, right???

The viewing park charges £3 per car plus driver and £1 per extra pax to get in. It's far from free!!

Comment

I just catch the bus.

I know I'm going to cop some flack here - maybe a fair bit, but I agree with what they're doing at MAN. It is a safety risk, with cars either parking, or driving around, waiting for a passenger to exit. Quite often, those drivers aren't paying attention to other traffic or pedestrians. And that could lead to prangs and/or pedestrians being injured or killed.

Airports are getting busier each year, which means more cars.

Comment

Re:

Here at OKC, you're still allowed curbside pick-up on the arrivals level but if you leave your car unattended it will get towed.

Comment

Working...
              X