Any aircraft owners on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any aircraft owners on here?

On avg. about how much is the yearly cost of owning an aircraft? (including paying the aircraft off and hanger fees)?

Originally posted by GeneralSirDouglasMcArthur
    On avg. about how much is the yearly cost of owning an aircraft? (including paying the aircraft off and hanger fees)?
    There is no specific answer to this question. It is the same as asking how much a car cost to own per year. It all depends on where the airplane is based, the type airplane, how much it is flown, insurance cost etc...

I am part owner of a Piper PA28-180 Cherokee. We have a base operating cost per hour of flight time based on hanger rent, maintenance fund, insurance, fuel cost, etc... My airplane is fairly inexpensive compared to a Beech Bonanza, a Piper Malibu or a Cessna 210. It cost much less than these airplanes to operate but cost more than a Cessna 152 would cost. Hanger fees vary wildly from airport to airport. They can range from 200 Dollars a month for a community heated hanger to 700 Dollars a month and up for an individual hanger. The best way to find what you want to know is first decide on an airplane that you would like to have, then go talk to somebody who owns that type in your area and talk cost. One thing is for sure, airplanes have a way of always demanding money.

Here is our little airplane. Which I am happy to say is flying quite often since the being repaired from the fire damage in March.

My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Here is an article that might help:
      http://www.jetcareers.com/content/view/29/51/

Comment

Thanks for the info.

$525 a month. That sounds awfully low, but I guess it's possible.

Comment

^ That doesn't include hours does it?

You could always do one of those joint ownership things, like on a bizjet

Comment

Working...
          X