Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariana Afghan A300 Incident @ Istanbul...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariana Afghan A300 Incident @ Istanbul...

Motorists drive past an Ariana Afghan Airlines Airbus-300 resting in the airport perimeter after the plane overran the runway during its landing at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul March 23, 2007. Around 50 passengers and the crew were evacuated from the plane unharmed after the plane overran the runway in Istanbul on Friday, a news agency reported. REUTERS/Stringer (TURKEY)

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070323/i...3027812497.jpg
    The link shows an impressive pic. Anyway, this could not have happened at a worse time, as they are already pressed for aircraft as it is. Anyway, at least no one was hurt. Good job done by the pilot.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Glad to hear everyone's OK.

Comment

^^Jack it up and it's good to go again. Just kidding.

The way the plane's resting with the right gear collapsed looks dramatic to me.

Good to see nobody got hurt.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Six A300B4 and one 727-228 flight with "Scariana" and I am still alive. Some of the more memorable flights of my travelling career.

There is a reason their aircraft are banned from most EU nations. Shipsho maintenance and less than experienced crews come immediately to mind. On the other hand they did not have much to start with, just a bunch of discards from other airlines. Hopefully they continue to progress with their country.

Comment

What a photo!!! And how close to the street! The accident could have been much worse I see.

Comment

Working...
          X