AC's first 319 YYT-LHR today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC's first 319 YYT-LHR today!

Air Canada's first 319 flight YYT-LHR operates this afternoon.
    Fin 286 departs as AC830 at 12:55 local YYT time and returns from Heathrow as AC831 tonight at 00:45 YYT time.
    I wish I was on it but someone has to stay here and work.

Not a huge load booked going over, but it's full coming back. I'll be working it on the return from LHR to YYT.

Comment

Wait, is this like a Privatair flight?

Comment

A319 overseas? No Thanks!!!
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
          Why not? YYT-LHR is only 4.5 hours. We had another 319 (flight 185) leave here this morning, 1.5 hours to Halifax, then its 5 more hours on to Calgary. I'd rather go to LHR.
          Stuck in the middle seat on a 767 or a 319, theres no differance to me.

Comment

I dont know. THe thing is I think the cabin of a 320 or a 737 would make me feel claustraphobic by the end of the flight. With a widebody, you are in a bigger space.

Comment

My brother is on the flight tonight coming back. He did YYT-YHZ-LHR going over and the new 319M flight coming back today.
              ________
              STORZ & BICKEL GRINDER
              Aeroplan Elite / *A Gold

Next Flights:

Jan 6th YZF-YEG-YYC-YYZ
              Jan 7th YYZ-YEG-YZF

TBC Jan 14th YZF-YEG-YOW
              TBC Jan 17th YOW-YEG-YZF

Jan 23rd YZF-YEG-YOW-YHZ-YQX
              Jan 27th YQX-YYT-YYZ-FRA-BUD
              Feb 13th LBJ-FRA-YYZ-YOW
              Feb 17th YOW-YEG
              Feb 18th YEG-YZF

Comment

Your reasons are totally unrealistic. What is the difference between a 5 hour flight from YYT to LHR versus a 5H50 flight YUL to LAX on the same aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                  I dont know. THe thing is I think the cabin of a 320 or a 737 would make me feel claustraphobic by the end of the flight. With a widebody, you are in a bigger space.
                  Perhaps, but it's only a five hour flight. Besides, I doubt there is enough demand on the YYT-LHR route to warrant, say, a 767 or an A330.

The people of St. Johns are lucky to have this flight; and besides, there are much longer flights which you can take on a narrowbody a/c.
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

Its not that bad if you think about it, a transcon JFK-LAX/SFO would be longer and the routes are served by A319/320s daily.

Would be interesting to see AC A319s in Heathrow though.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by C-GEPA
                      Why not? YYT-LHR is only 4.5 hours. We had another 319 (flight 185) leave here this morning, 1.5 hours to Halifax, then its 5 more hours on to Calgary. I'd rather go to LHR.
                      Stuck in the middle seat on a 767 or a 319, theres no differance to me.
                      I guess I'd just prefer a widebody on long flights, so I can get up and stretch my legs by walking a lap or 2 around the cabin. Plus since all I usually get to fly are 737s a widebody is a special treat for me. My last widebody flights were LAX-HNL on 777 and HNL-LAX on 767 in July 2003.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I guess I'd just prefer a widebody on long flights, so I can get up and stretch my legs by walking a lap or 2 around the cabin. Plus since all I usually get to fly are 737s a widebody is a special treat for me. My last widebody flights were LAX-HNL on 777 and HNL-LAX on 767 in July 2003.
                        Five hours is not a long flight. If you travel overseas more you will be treated to widebodies.

Comment

YYT-LHR a long flight? HAH!

Try flying EWR-SIN. That's one I don't think I'll soon be repeating.
                          www.acairport.com

Comment

I wonder how many people thought it was a chore to fly in a narrowbody back in the 707/DC-8 days?
                            Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                            lp.org

Comment

Is this 319 fitted in an INTL config or domestic. If the latter, you have my reasoning for not wanting to fly this tin can...

Comment

Working...
                              X