What's happen to Aeroflot's 777?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Correct on both counts. The IL-86 is the larger plane, and also has the "advantage" in that it is used by SU as more of a high-density charter plane, whereas the IL-96 is a true longhaul plane cabinwise. Also, after having retired their TU-134s, the IL-86s are the next planes that will leave SU's fleet, and the retirement of the ILs should be concluded at the end of the summer season, IIRC.
    The IL963 is strange imo. Where are the overhead luggage compartments for the middle section of the ac? Any possibilities for SU to go for some IL96-400's in the near future?

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Ahh I forgot the good old Russian Jumbos. Yes correct Ils are the biggest.
      Also Tu-154s are next on the retirenment list in the next 7-10 years. They will be switched to A320/A321s.

Comment

Originally posted by aca_srbija
        Any possibilities for SU to go for some IL96-400's in the near future?
        SU was supposed to take 6 more IL-96's. This was part of a deal that allowed them to obtain western aircraft without paying the import duties. But they managed to delay delivery of these for several years and Cubana ended up with some of them. They have now announced they will be taking 6 IL-96 freighters. Presumable this is in lieu of the 6 passenger a/c previously ordered. Apparently they actually want these as they can't get any MD-11's.

For passenger a/c they want only western models plus the SSJ. They plan to phase out TU-134's, TU-154's and IL-86's as soon as possible. The IL-96's will probably survive well into the next decade. I don't think they are interested in TU-204's or more passenger IL-96s. I also read somewhere their Skyteam agreement also excludes flights on Russian aircraft. Presumably the SSJ will be allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by tsv
          SU was supposed to take 6 more IL-96's. This was part of a deal that allowed them to obtain western aircraft without paying the import duties. But they managed to delay delivery of these for several years and Cubana ended up with some of them. They have now announced they will be taking 6 IL-96 freighters. Presumable this is in lieu of the 6 passenger a/c previously ordered. Apparently they actually want these as they can't get any MD-11's.

For passenger a/c they want only western models plus the SSJ. They plan to phase out TU-134's, TU-154's and IL-86's as soon as possible. The IL-96's will probably survive well into the next decade. I don't think they are interested in TU-204's or more passenger IL-96s. I also read somewhere their Skyteam agreement also excludes flights on Russian aircraft. Presumably the SSJ will be allowed?
          yes, i see they will go for 22 A350's. It will be sad to see those Tu-134's and Tu-154's go, some good old Russian planes, but over time all ac are phased out. I was lucky to see a SU Tu-154 finalising its boarding at BEG for a flight back to SVO as i was landing from DXB, such a amazing looking ac in their fantastic scheme. I hope the IL96 will be around for quite a while. Im not impressed with Skyteam excluding flights with Russian/Soviet built ac. Any ac is safe as long as it has the appropriate attention and maintenance needed. I hope this will not be the case with the SSJ.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            Also Tu-154s are next on the retirenment list in the next 7-10 years. They will be switched to A320/A321s.
            How boring it will be when the Russian skies are filled with Boeing and Airbus planes. I hope I get the oppertunity to catch some before they're gone.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
              How boring it will be when the Russian skies are filled with Boeing and Airbus planes. I hope I get the oppertunity to catch some before they're gone.
              I know. The TU-154 are a part of Russian Hostory.
              I was reading a newspaper yesterday and I found a short article in business section about Aeroflot's deal with Airbus. They had ordered 22 long range Airbuses A350XWB (extra wide body) and decided to lease 10 A330-200. I'm not a huge fan of the A350 or Airbus itself, but I really can't wait to see the A330 wearing Aeroflot's c/s. It's gonna look really amazing ! Unfortunately Aeroflot decided to have its fleet formed only by Airbus jets

Comment

I'm still not too sure about that SU/Airbus deal. The A350 deal is still only a MOU/LOI, and Russia in recent weeks has developed an attitude of "Give us a stake in EADS, or we won't buy A350s", akin to Qatar's attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                  I know. The TU-154 are a part of Russian Hostory.
                  I was reading a newspaper yesterday and I found a short article in business section about Aeroflot's deal with Airbus. They had ordered 22 long range Airbuses A350XWB (extra wide body) and decided to lease 10 A330-200. I'm not a huge fan of the A350 or Airbus itself, but I really can't wait to see the A330 wearing Aeroflot's c/s. It's gonna look really amazing ! Unfortunately Aeroflot decided to have its fleet formed only by Airbus jets
                  Well it's not all doom & gloom. Here is the production plan for Russian Aircraft for 2008-2012. Source www.royfc.com.

"It is being proposed to produce 15 Il-96, 84 Tu-204/214, 236 SSJ-100/Tu-334 and also 96 An-148. State support will be via financing of wages using long-term credits, provision of subsidies for leasing payments and financing increases of OAK authorized capital".

Debabatable as to how many of these will actually be built but I'm sure production will improve from current levels.

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  I'm still not too sure about that SU/Airbus deal. The A350 deal is still only a MOU/LOI, and Russia in recent weeks has developed an attitude of "Give us a stake in EADS, or we won't buy A350s", akin to Qatar's attitude.
                  Agree. This order is very political and could change plenty more times yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tsv
                    "It is being proposed to produce 15 Il-96, 84 Tu-204/214, 236 SSJ-100/Tu-334 and also 96 An-148. State support will be via financing of wages using long-term credits, provision of subsidies for leasing payments and financing increases of OAK authorized capital".

Debabatable as to how many of these will actually be built but I'm sure production will improve from current levels.
                    any idea as to how many of those IL96's will be the IL96-400's? The SSJ's look like they're doing really good, better than the Tu-334 is atm.
                    I hope the amount plus more are built, most of all, would be nice to see some more IL96's in the skies.

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    i agree. I would think it will be the same for the European airports who get Russian ac such as PRG, BEG, ZAG, SOF, BUD, WAW.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                    X