• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to vent

Here is the email I sent to the mental midgets in Atlanta concerning
    that dreadful new paint scheme.

Yes, I know it won't do any good, but I had to give them a piece of
    my mind. Everyone should let them know how awful this paint scheme is.

begin message:

Your new paint scheme is truly awful. Although I didn't think it was
    possible, you came up with an even worse one than your predecessor
    Leo Mullin.

An all-white fuselage with relatively small "Delta" titles on the
    forward part of the aircraft makes for an extremely dull look. A
    nice blue stripe, like the ones on previous paint schemes, would
    break up the white monotony and provide a more interesting
    appearance. And that chopped-off widget on the tail is simply awful.

Your press release points out that Delta's longest paint scheme was
    the one adopted in 1967. Although the one adopted in the late 1990s
    under Ron Allen was not bad, each successive one gets worse. Back to
    the drawing one for this one.
    Support Team Twin Towers: http://teamtwintowers.org/
    The Unofficial JFK Airport 50th Anniversary Page: http://members.tripod.com/~psa188/
    The best slide auction on the net:
    http://www.auctiontransportation.com/sites/psa188/

I need to vent too.

People: It's just a paint job. Get over it!

Comment

Ya man, take it easy now. Save this for later in life when you have to deal with real problems.

Comment

Yes, it is just a paintjob - but it has a screwed up Widget on it...I really like the bold new look of the actual logo - but cant get used to the tilted cutoff widget on the tail..if the tail widget was upright I could deal with that..

And for those on here that dont understand why Delta employees and others are so upset that the Widget has been screwed with, this is the definition of the Delta widget and will help explain why we hold the widget in such regard..
        (my comments in italics)

Q: What is a Widget?

A: The triangle that has appeared in various forms in our trademark through the years represents the “D” of the Greek alphabet, which is “Delta.” The name “Widget” was created in 1959 when Delta entered the jet-age with the introduction of the DC-8. Its shape resembles the swept wing appearance of a jet overhead, the blue (there is no blue) points to the sky, the point (is not there) represents the pinnacle of professional achievement. Just entering the blue of the sky are the swept wings of a jet shown as the broad white “V.” The flat broad base (its not there either) suggests Delta’s solid foundation with the red signifying the bright flame of leadership and professionals striving for excellence that keeps the pinnacle pointed upward.

Comment

Delta is creating a new look.

They went with a business look and a modern-business livery to go with it.

Get over it, get over it, get over it. That's why you guys aren't designers. You go do your jobs, they'll do theirs.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
            Delta is creating a new look.

They went with a business look and a modern-business livery to go with it.

Get over it, get over it, get over it. That's why you guys aren't designers. You go do your jobs, they'll do theirs.
            Just like they did with the middle colors? If this scheme isn't popular with us you can bet it’s not popular with employees. They're really isn't anything that stands out on this paint scheme that says, "We are Delta." Its poor branding plain and simple, something Delta for years has failed to achieve not only with its paint schemes but its programs and services, i.e. Song.

Delta's exit from Chap 11 is nothing they should be celebrating, they did it on the backs of their people who they screwed over every which way they could.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Yay!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

They're still around, something must be going right.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

I think the new livery isn't that bad. I like the new branding. Let's worry about Delta maintaining a good financial state.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                      Its poor branding plain and simple, something Delta for years has failed to achieve not only with its paint schemes but its programs and services, i.e. Song.
                      Yeah, as we all know the song product was such a massive failure that it is being introduced fleet wide .

Originally posted by tommyalf
                      Delta's exit from Chap 11 is nothing they should be celebrating, they did it on the backs of their people who they screwed over every which way they could.
                      So much different than UA, US (twice), HP, CO (twice), HA, AQ, etc, right?
                      And of course, as we all know, only the "already underpaid" employee groups were forced to take paycuts, particularly the oh-so-poor pilots. And after all, Grinstein was just sooo damn greedy to work for $250K in his first year at Delta, and was soo greedy by the management to go through 2 rounds of paycuts themselves, how greedy! And of course, the bonuses that will now get paid to all employees, how unbelievable. And Grinstein foregoing any bonuses he was planned to get and instead choosing to have that money put into a found for fired employees, what a devil that man is .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        Yeah, as we all know the song product was such a massive failure that it is being introduced fleet wide .

So much different than UA, US (twice), HP, CO (twice), HA, AQ, etc, right?
                        And of course, as we all know, only the "already underpaid" employee groups were forced to take paycuts, particularly the oh-so-poor pilots. And after all, Grinstein was just sooo damn greedy to work for $250K in his first year at Delta, and was soo greedy by the management to go through 2 rounds of paycuts themselves, how greedy! And of course, the bonuses that will now get paid to all employees, how unbelievable. And Grinstein foregoing any bonuses he was planned to get and instead choosing to have that money put into a found for fired employees, what a devil that man is .
                        lol, it almost sounds as if you work for Delta

Don't worry, we all know what an ethically impeccable company Delta is.

Comment

I agree the new scheme is awfully dull.

Still better than AirTran's...
                          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                            lol, it almost sounds as if you work for Delta
                            I wish, that would mean I have a better chance at getting a Green Card .

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                            Don't worry, we all know what an ethically impeccable company Delta is.
                            Never said that. I'm more than aware of Delta's faults, but I simply can't stand baseless generalisations.

Comment

The new scheme is horrible, and so is the logo of theirs. Why is DL introducing a new scheme? I liked their previous logo and scheme, although, the tail kinda resembles the Serbian flag. I think this thing of horrible liveries is begining to become a trend.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                              X