A380 in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 in Sydney

Hi guys, F-WWJB arrived in Sydney last night from Narita. After testing out the new Gate 24 it was towed into hangar 96 so that Qantas Staff could have a look. Not only did it fit but it kept us dry during this morning's thunderstorms!

It is scheduled to do a quick flight overhead Canberra today before heading to Taipei tomorrow.

I took a few happy snaps for y'all:

Very nice. Which MSN is the first Qantas bird?

Comment

Good stuff AJ. Man that Kingfisher logo looks strange on an airplane. I always see it as a beer logo instead of an airline. What were your overall impressions of the plane? Other than being really really big. Worth bidding for later on in your career?

Comment

The first Qantas one, VH-QOA, is MSN 014. It's presently being re-wired!

Overall impression was a little disappointing, mainly because it was half hidden behind hangar scaffolding. The interior just looks like a new Airbus styled 747. Some bits are awesome, like the upper deck lounge and those beautiful engines. The downside to the aircraft when it's in service is the limited route structure. It is being considered to CCQ A330 and A380 in Qantas service.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
          The first Qantas one, VH-QOA, is MSN 014. It's presently being re-wired!

Overall impression was a little disappointing, mainly because it was half hidden behind hangar scaffolding. The interior just looks like a new Airbus styled 747. Some bits are awesome, like the upper deck lounge and those beautiful engines. The downside to the aircraft when it's in service is the limited route structure. It is being considered to CCQ A330 and A380 in Qantas service.
          Are you going toequip yours with a lounge? Or is that just a demo feature. Any word on routes?

Comment

Very Nice AJ, I was happy to get that one in Hong Kong a few months back.

Comment

Very nice pics, AJ!!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Bok269
                Are you going toequip yours with a lounge? Or is that just a demo feature. Any word on routes?
                Our config is a closely guarded secret, but is designed by Marc Newson. Rumour has it it will be in a four class configuration.

MEL-LAX will be the first route.

Comment

Great stuff there, AJ! I agree with Joe, that King Fisher logo makes me think of a beer company rather than an airline. Was the entire interior installed?
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Great shots, AJ! I just wish the weather was better for it's joyflight today.

Comment

The weather was DREADFUL! I went home after the tour.

Chasen, F-WWJB has a full passenger interior with just a few equipment stations for noise level monitoring etc.

Comment

Nice and interesting gallery of pics AJ. Double-O-7 was at CDG during the previous week-end and flew to NRT last Monday morning.
                        Summary of the CDG visit
                        - was the first time the type landed there on Friday 02nd June at 12.26 sharp
                        - saluted by water canons while taxying to gate at new terminal where intensive field trials were conducted. The focus was the complition of turn around whithin 89 minutes
                        - was then towed to Sierra remote ramp, where a sizeable part of my pics were shot, for validating turn around trials on remote stands
                        Saturday was mostly for defrost trials
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I don't think we are going to get the A380 into YYZ. AF is planning it into YUL though.

Good pictures there AJ.

Comment

Cheers, they had First Class set up with mood lighting. It is in the first zone downstairs.
                            [photoid=5993967]

Comment

Very nice pics AJ. I hope to see the A380 in Qantas colors in LAX in a few years

Comment

Working...
                              X