question of aircraft type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question of aircraft type

I'm curious about the type of aircraft used in the VW Toureg commercial on Australian TV and wonder if someone can help me ID it. It shows an airliner being towed by the vehicle and the aircraft looks very similar to a 747 in that it is a large aircraft with a forward hump but differs from 747's I'm familiar with in that each wing carries two engines in one pod like a B-52

It's the modified 747 featured in the newest Bond movie.

Cheers,
    Mitch

Comment

If you watch Top Gear on SBS 7:30pm Mondays, you will see the same 747 in the background when they test the cars on the track,which is an old runway.
      Last edited by exswissair; 2007-08-12, 12:01. Reason: missed word

Comment

thanks for your input and answering my question. I do watch Top Gear and suspected the aircraft may be the same but with Jeremy blatting around in some exotic monster on opposite lock, it was never in view long enough to be sure.

Comment

Im going to stop watching that show,it's becoming too stupid.a bunch of jurno'sthink they can talk about tech stuff. It used to be informative now its a comedy show more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by exswissair
            Im going to stop watching that show,it's becoming too stupid.a bunch of jurno'sthink they can talk about tech stuff. It used to be informative now its a comedy show more than anything else.
            I watch it for the entertainment and the antics more then the car tests.

Comment

Working...
            X