AA Recalls FA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Recalls FA's

American Airlines said on Wednesday it is sending recall notices to 460 furloughed flight attendants to address staffing needs.

The recall is in addition to about 200 flight attendants contacted earlier this year.

(Reuters)

GLad to hear they will be getting their jobs back...but it is upsetting that the same won't be true for their seniority.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how many would come back. After a period of lay-off non-licensed employees get other jobs and move on.

Comment

I heard a large percentage of the last round of TW F/A's did come back. Ive also read that IIRC, they are expecting 350 to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
          ...but it is upsetting that the same won't be true for their seniority.
          Which is why many F/As and pilots I know didn't come back. After all they went through, that was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            I heard a large percentage of the last round of TW F/A's did come back. Ive also read that IIRC, they are expecting 350 to return.
            83 out of 103 came back in the first round of recalls.
            John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Great News. I hope that many of the great employees come back to AA. I know that many of those that were let go sought jobs elsehwere, (as is necessary - I know that if it were me I would have done the same), but for those that can come back, I hope that they do. They were the ones to see the company through the good times and they are the ones that could aid the company to the return of the good days.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
              X