Stat sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat sources?

This is my first post, please be nice! I have a question for any airline or airport employee that works in route development: What source do you use for your stats that you show to airlines or use to evaluate route opportunites?

I understand that there are atleast three commercial options available: DataBase Solutions; BACK Aviation; and APGDat from Seabury. Please help me expand this list. Additionally, if you know of the ballpark price, that's a plus. What are the pro's and con's of each type?

I also know that one with some knowledge can use the BTS/DOT Transtats. Do airlines do this, hire programmers, or buy a commerical product? What about airports? (I doubt the latter has the money to hire a programmer, but anyway...)

All help is much appreciated!
    Hoping for Mobile to BHM, MSY, DCA, & LGA (I can dream, so LAX!)

Welcome.

At Air Canada a lot of the information comes from within. All pax connecting onto or off an AC flight is tracked both internally (Marketing) and within the Star Alliance. Also the government (Canada Customs and Revenue) keeps stats on passengers arriving/departing.

As for the commercial options you mentioned I'll see if anyone knows when I get back to work.

Comment

If anyone who is a member on a.net would like to post this on thier civil aviaition forum, that would be real nice.
      Hoping for Mobile to BHM, MSY, DCA, & LGA (I can dream, so LAX!)

Comment

Originally posted by AAMobile
        If anyone who is a member on a.net...
        you have sooooo much to learn. if you want us to be nice you can't mention ANYTHING about A.NET. otherwise we might introduce you to Chasen and Jordan and you really don't want that. just kidding mate but really though no A.NET. what do you plan on using the programs for? that might help in yur selection and it makes it easier fot us to answer your question. and welcome to the Forums!

-Chris

Comment

Working...
        X