Southwest introduces Mini-Skirt Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest introduces Mini-Skirt Sale!

Southwest Airlines Issues an Apology and Lowers Fares to Match Now Infamous Mini Skirt
    Friday September 14, 4:31 pm ET

DALLAS, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In classic Southwest Airlines flair, CEO Gary Kelly today made a public apology to one of its Customers whose trip several months ago has become the subject of recent television and newspaper commentary. Company President Colleen Barrett has reached out to the Customer directly, and Kelly issued Kyla Ebbert an apology and invitation to again fly on Southwest as she taped a television show.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Say what you want, claim I am biased, but I believe WN did a VERY classy thing, and what it is known for, by turning a bad PR, whether the airline was right or wrong, issued a public apology then made light of the problems and introduced a normal sale, but called it a mini skirt sale.

Well done Southwest, absolutely well done, and once again provides the classyness you are known for, no one has to like it but EVERYBODY knows about it.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

junk from junk!

sorry i'm completely biased the other way. i hate wn. my apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by arifpal
      junk from junk!

sorry i'm completely biased the other way. i hate wn. my apologies in advance.
      You posted nothing relevant to the topic.......

What "junk"?

You hate WN, no need to apologize, why post to state your hatred in a topic about WN, you hate it so why bother to read it?

Alex

Comment

I agree with you Alex. Much like Neeleman after the Valentine's day meltdown, having a company apologize rather than hide is the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
          Say what you want, claim I am biased, but I believe WN did a VERY classy thing, and what it is known for, by turning a bad PR, whether the airline was right or wrong, issued a public apology then made light of the problems and introduced a normal sale, but called it a mini skirt sale.

Well done Southwest, absolutely well done, and once again provides the classyness you are known for, no one has to like it but EVERYBODY knows about it.

Alex
          Kind of like when that Arm Wrestling Match with Herb Kellener and the Stevens Aviation guy.
          John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Only Southwest

I sure wouldn't mind having that sitting next to me (yes that is her picture). I hope they fired (and gave Wiggy's number to) the FA as he has obviously been living under a rock. And I bet she was probably one of the better dressed people on that flight.

However, I don't think this calls for her to get any money. The apology was enough and nothing really happened to her. The FA was just an idiot. She already makes money off of dressing slutty by working at Hooters, and I'm sure that everyone on that flight had already noticed her before the FA said anything. So the whole "oh I was so embarrassed" thing is a load of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
              Only Southwest

I sure wouldn't mind having that sitting next to me (yes that is her picture). I hope they fired (and gave Wiggy's number to) the FA as he has obviously been living under a rock. And I bet she was probably one of the better dressed people on that flight.

However, I don't think this calls for her to get any money. The apology was enough and nothing really happened to her. The FA was just an idiot. She already makes money off of dressing slutty by working at Hooters, and I'm sure that everyone on that flight had already noticed her before the FA said anything. So the whole "oh I was so embarrassed" thing is a load of BS.
              Firstly...why would they fire the F/A, how do you know if it was a male or a woman?

This info was never released, unless your reffering to the supervisor at the airport named Keith? Again, why FIRE someone over a possibly bad decision, in your opinion or not?

She will be offered two free tickets on WN.

Alex

Comment

Alex blew up that picture to a poster size print from what he told me. I think its a good gimmick to pull something like a miniskirt sale, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                    Firstly...why would they fire the F/A, how do you know if it was a male or a woman?

This info was never released, unless your reffering to the supervisor at the airport named Keith? Again, why FIRE someone over a possibly bad decision, in your opinion or not?

She will be offered two free tickets on WN.

Alex
                    Not according to a Southwest employee identified only as “Keith,” who approached Ebbert after she had taken her seat on the plane and was listening to the flight attendants go through their pre-departure routine.

That's where I got the Keith thing. So I was assuming he was the FA since she was already in her seat. I also read something someplace else that said that on her return flight one of the FA's complimented the same outfit.

Comment

I see.

Again, why fire them? What is your reason for firing them?

As for the compliment....she claimed a F/A said it...while I am not saying the F/A did not....however its the media, I learn not to believe anything till I have seen it or confirmed by other parties.

Wtahc Dr Phil Tuesday, WN and Her will be on, should be interesting!

Alex

Comment

The word out on the airwaves now is that "Kyla" is fuming at Southwest for using her name and taking advantage of their snafu for a clever advertising campaign!

Seriously though, why did the FA make a big fuss about the miniskirt to begin with? No one would of been able to see anything (of course, I would of been open game to her flirting around with me during the flight!!)

Edit: Just found out they don't have the two rows facing each other anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by NWA 757 351
                          The word out on the airwaves now is that "Kyla" is fuming at Southwest for using her name and taking advantage of their snafu for a clever advertising campaign!

Seriously though, why did the FA make a big fuss about the miniskirt to begin with? No one would of been able to see anything (of course, I would of been open game to her flirting around with me during the flight!!)

Edit: Just found out they don't have the two rows facing each other anymore!
                          That remains to be the question what about it was made such a big deal. What we saw in the Media I CAN confirm was NOT what she was wearing on board the aircraft and rumor has been she was a bit more reveiling then shown in the media on board the aircraft.

Alex

Comment

Wow, I'm in disbelief. When I flew WN SFO-SAN-SFO in August, let me tell you there were WAY more revealing clothes everywhere you turned. God only knows how much cleavage and panties I saw that day. That F/A had better get out more.

And I second Joe's motion:
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

She looks ridiculous. Her hips start about 6 inches above where she's wearing her shirt. So if she wore it the way is it supposed to fit (whch is how she wore it on the plane and not how she wore it on TV) the skirt is definitely too short.

She should have at least sucked in the belly flab for the photos.
                              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                              X