MIT student arrested with fake bomb at Logan Intl. Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT student arrested with fake bomb at Logan Intl. Airport

A female MIT Student had been arrested after she got caught with a fake bomb on her chest.

Simply stupid... The cops could have shot this student, if it turned out to be a legit bomb. Stupid. Simple as that.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

These are the kind of dumbfucks that ruin it for the rest of us by giving an excuse for airport authorities to become even more paranoid and come up with more arbitrary security rules.

I thought people that went to MIT were supposed to be smart... apparently not.

Too bad she didn't get the Darwin Award for her effort

Comment

Stupid. Just plain stupid.

Comment

Just saw on tv news NBC night News. I go rolling my eyes!! What a pretty wacky profounded dumbhead! They have seen on tv news many times something like who someone does go stupid thing and go directly jail or big fined! Somebody should have think many times before what they are doing!

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet
          They have seen on tv news many times something like who someone does go stupid thing and go directly jail

Stuart
          And they should not pass Go and collect $200

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            These are the kind of dumbfucks that ruin it for the rest of us by giving an excuse for airport authorities to become even more paranoid and come up with more arbitrary security rules.

I thought people that went to MIT were supposed to be smart... apparently not.

Too bad she didn't get the Darwin Award for her effort
            That's what I thought. She could easily have gotten a one way ticket to the mourge..

Btw being an MIT doesnt necessarily mean you're that smart. This stupid girl can't possibly be one. She probably payed her way in. lol..

This situation kinda put dirt on the MIT name... or does it ?

Comment

Haha, wow that was such a great idea....

Comment

and the 2007 Darin Award goes to.... stupid, stupid, STUPID!!! that's just what gets me going. i hate it when the chances of us getting to spot around airports in the future decraeses because of some stupid college student with a fake bomb.

-Chris

Comment

Almost too bad that she didn't become a candidate for a Darwin award. Amazing how stupid and/or careless people can still be :rolleyes: .

Comment

Well this haircut should be enough to win her a darwin award.

Nineteen-year-old Star Simpson was charged Friday with possessing a hoax device. Her attorney described the charge as offbase and "almost paranoid," arguing at a court hearing that she did not act in a suspicious manner and had told an airport worker that the device was art.

Authorities said they were amazed that someone would wear such a device eight months after a similar scare in Boston, and six years after two of the jets hijacked in the Sept. 11 attacks took off from Logan.

"I'm shocked and appalled that somebody would wear this type of device to an airport," said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the airport's commanding officer.

Simpson showed "a total disregard to understand the context of the situation she is in, which is an airport of post-9/11," prosecutor Wayne Margolis said at a hearing where a not guilty plea was entered for Simpson and she was released on $750 bail. Margolis had asked for $5,000 bail.

More of it here:

Comment

Comment

She's a idoit, she could use some help. Maybe a visit with Judge Judy could help.
                        John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Probably a stunt to get attention - looks like she certainly needs it!

Comment

"It's art!"

That's a very amazing statement. Remember that next time students when you are stumbling home half snapped and half dressed and puking on everybody's lawn. "that it was a piece of art and wanted to stand out". I'm sure the police will let you off.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                              That's what I thought. She could easily have gotten a one way ticket to the mourge..

Btw being an MIT doesnt necessarily mean you're that smart. This stupid girl can't possibly be one. She probably payed her way in. lol..

This situation kinda put dirt on the MIT name... or does it?
                              There's a differnce between book smarts (MIT type) and common sense. Clearly she has little of the latter.

Comment

Working...
                              X