Fury at PHL over US Air's threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury at PHL over US Air's threat

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/busin...es_threat.html I do understand Doug Parker's concern about the market share and gate space. But this is going WAY WAY over the fine line, he is pissing the people that helped him get the route, I bet Arlen Spector will say to the DOT don't give US anymore Asia routes and I hope US doesn't get any more Asia routes anytime soon.
    John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

I'm calling BS on Parker's threat. It's merely a political posturing threat. WN used a threat to move its headquarters from Dallas as part of its argument to get support for the Wright Amendment repeal. US is making a threat now to get what they want. I just hope PHL calls US on their bluff.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

It IS just posturing on Parker's part, he simply doesn't want WN to get anymore gates. No doubt, having DL at the international gates is no ideal solution, but US themselves are to blame for not making good use of their gates. E.g. their concourses B and C have 30 gates, which would easily allow for 180 daily flights, and last I heard, mainline domestic movements by US from Philly aren't anywhere close to that. Just coordinate the schedules better, give DL 3 gates on B or C, and Voila, no more restrictions on the international gates. Of course, such moves require logic, something Parker isn't exactly known for.

Of course, for all we know Parker might have also realised that US won't actually be able to operate their China flights from 2009 on. I doubt it, but with US you never know.

Comment

Parker is becoming the US version of O'Leary. PATHETIC

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
          Parker is becoming the US version of O'Leary.
          That's an insult to MOL, who has kept FR profitable for a sh!tload of years and is actually expanding big time, unlike Parker and his US West Hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            Parker is becoming the US version of O'Leary. PATHETIC
            I actually think that is not a good comparsian, yes I will agree O'Leary, is a little ummm.... odd, but O'Leary is a good Exeutive, it seems like he knows what he is doing.
            John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

PHL has ground delay programmes that make LGA's look like child play. It nothing to get slapped with 4 hour+ delays to PHL.

Comment

Working...
              X